Baby Corner

Old 08-10-09, 12:05 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1%
Default Plans for the week?

I know a couple people are working on nurseries this week. What does that entail? What's everyone else doing this week as "last-minute" prep for babies?

I think I'm going to have a busy week this week. I have DS's birthday party next Saturday (the 22nd) so I'd like to get the majority of what I have left done before this weekend. So far I have... another load of baby clothes to wash and sheets to put on the crib, packing a hospital bag in case we have to transfer, cleaning my room and moving the furniture around (it's always an explosion of clothes lately, since I can't ever seem to find something that fits me and I feel looks nice!), buying some small toys and activities to fill a box for my kids for after the baby is born, and getting the rest of my homebirth things ready. And I want to pack up my maternity clothes that are too small now (I'm amazed at how many there are!) so that that will already be taken care of before she's born. I also have a friend that I'm doula-ing for, she was due 8 days ago (and it's her SIXTH baby! can't believe she's gone this long!) so I'm just waiting for her to pop at any second.

Old 08-10-09, 12:40 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 26%

This week, lets see. Manly just trying to get back to school stuff going. Both of my boys started school(Peyton started Friday and Parker today) so still trying to get in the groove of things there. I also put the bouncer together and the hammick thing together for Presley Kate. We are supposed to go to a concert on Saturday(not looking forward to that) DH bought tickets many months ago...Its in Atlanta, were seeing Def Leppard, Poison and Cheap Trick. I just hope Presley Kate doesnt get shaken out by the sounds lol. We will be a good 3 hours from my hospital. And I am going to TRY to get caught up on laundry, although I never catch up. But thats about it this week. Oh and I have a doc appt on Wednesday morning. Will get my GBS results then.

Old 08-10-09, 04:02 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 6%

I am planning to do some carpet cleaning, starting in the nursery. I'm waiting to find out from MIL what kind of bed her back can handle so that I can get things moved around in the nursery (since that is the only "extra" bedroom for her to stay in). I have bedrails in there and was going to put a regular bed, (we don't have a mattress for it yet, my dad gave it to us for her to use) but I'm wanting to get one of those elevated inflatable beds because its so much easier. But she has a bad back so I'm kindof waiting for her to call me back so I can figure out what I'm doing. Also need to get the crib assembled and sheets put on it (although I don't exactly know what I'm going to do with it, because there isn't much room in there with a regular bed, dresser, and everything else.) Ugh! I have gotten the dresser ready with all the clothes washed and put away. I have 2 really cute bins on top of the dresser 1 is for blankets, the other has burp cloths, washcloths, & towels in it. (since I don't have linen closets, I figured out a cute way to improvise for his stuff). I still need to pack a hospital bag soon, but I've been kindof waiting until it gets just a little closer. Tomorrow and Wed I have to go to my dad's and take care of some office inputing, filing, & organizing & I also have a Dr appt Wed morning. I also need to get DS enrolled in school this week. So I think I'm going to have a very busy week.

Old 08-10-09, 06:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 1%

I have 5 more weeks of work, so basically just trying to muster up energy each week to work!

Actually going to try my darnest and get the room completely cleaned out so we can paint and move Micah to that room. I also need to get DH to paint Micah's old dresser a nice chocolate brown and start moving things into the nursery. (which is Micah's current room) I say all of this even though none of it will probably happen this week. LOL

Old 08-11-09, 04:25 AM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 1%

Okay ladies, I think I'm tired just reading this post!

LeAnn I can't believe you're going to a rock concert at nine months pregnant... I'd tell DH to find a buddy to drag along!

Good luck to us all in the coming weeks!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools