Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

the pukes

Reply Post New Topic

• alb526 alb526's Avatar 12-23-08 | 08:25 PM
  • Anyone as miserable as me or have any tips on handling the pukes?

The last couple of days have been hell. The only time I'm not ralphing is when I'm asleep which thankfully I'm sleeping well at night and able to nap during the day. I'm alternating zofran & phenegren and I'm amazed how little they are helping. I'm knocking back ginger tea and made fresh gingersnaps and I pulled out that little pressure bracelet that's supposed to help but so far I'm still miserable. I'd love to hear what's worked for everyone else.
  • Mary-Ellen Mary-Ellen's Avatar 12-23-08 | 08:40 PM
  • ooouch! Amy, that sounds like hell!...I can't say I ever did actually throw up but my last pg I was nauseaus for about 3 -4 weeks. I wore the pressure bracelets and I just ate frequent small meals so my stomach was rarely empty. I did the gingerale and crackers thing mostly. Ginger snaps area great idea!

Today was my official first day of nausea. I woke up at 4:00am and had to get some crackers in me. I was up with the babe at 7:00am and Nauseated until 10:00am....then it was gone as swift as it had snuck up on me.

I sure hope you are feeling better soon, there is nothing worse than nausea. I have always said I would take pain any day over nausea.

Take care,

Last edited by Mary-Ellen; 12-23-08 at 08:53 PM..
  • AmandaTerry519 12-23-08 | 08:55 PM
  • I don't know how much help this is but my ob said to take your prenatal vitamins tonight because most of the time your prenatal vitamins are what make you sick. So if you take them right before you go to bed it lessens the chance of getting sick!
  • Eskie Eskie's Avatar 12-23-08 | 11:18 PM
  • Ginger snaps is what I have seen the most effective.

Plus drinking lots of water.
  • AshFind06 12-23-08 | 11:43 PM
  • I was lucky enough to hold out puking until i was 3 mo. pg. with ds and just woke up and puked then felt fine the rest of the day luckily i have not puked yet but sorry to say nothing helped me last time