Baby Corner

Old 01-22-10, 03:12 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default Since I was a drama queen yesterday

I thought I'd post something silly. The last few nights I've been getting up after say 3-5 hours of sleep slightly ill and starving! I can't get back to sleep until I've eaten. After 4 hours of sleep I got up and had to have fried eggs and whole wheat toast! I did this when I was pg with Christine too

I did have a good snack right before bed!

Anyone know of something high in protein with no refined sugar (might as well not have white flour as well) that I can keep at my bed so I'm not cooking in the middle of the night?

After my egg and toast breakfast I felt better and could get some more sleep luckily, but I feel off from being up for so long mid sleep time. Oh and Everett has decided to get up several times a night as well, so I'm sleeping in 1-2 hour stretches!

Laura

Old 01-22-10, 05:05 PM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Well I don't know about keeping this at your bedside, but cottage cheese is a good high protein snack that has no sugar.. If you like it, it might be a good choice!

Old 01-31-10, 04:16 PM
is craving something, but not sure what
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.25%

That's wild. I find that I am craving eggs a lot too. I'm glad though that it's not in the middle of the night.
Is cottage cheese any good? I've never eaten it before.

Old 01-31-10, 04:48 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Cottage cheese is fabulous! Its especially good with canned fruit (but I can't eat it while pg because of the sugar) or on top of green salads. I put a scoop of cottage cheese on top of my leafy green salad and then put just a few dabs of dressing on it. Sounds odd, but it makes the whole salad taste like there is a lot of dressing without the large amount of fat from the dressing. Its good with vinaigrette or creamy dressings. We go through a lot of cottage cheese in our home!

I also use it in place of ricotta cheese in lasagna! Mix some eggs and dried parsley and it makes a great layer with the meat sauce and noodles. Just made this yesterday!

Its also good just plain! Its hard to wrap my mind around you never having had it before! I think I have 4 tubs of it in my fridge right now

I found Clif bars to be working for my middle of the night snacking. I also picked up a big sack of nuts and dried fruit at Costco to keep close by.

Laura

Old 01-31-10, 05:13 PM
is craving something, but not sure what
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I am pretty food depraved. I was a very picky child, and a pickier teenager. I'm finding in the last year though that I really enjoy food. All different kinds of food. Also, since becoming pregnant I enjoy a lot of foods that I never liked before.

I'm going to have to buy some cottage cheese next time I'm in the grocery store though. Maybe I will make some Lasagna this week. Yum!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools