Baby Corner

Old 08-14-09, 12:10 AM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Default Sleep

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? I am uncomfortable and trying to find that great spot is hard, but it seems like that's not even my problem. I'm thinking its in my head. I think that my mind keeps racing or something. I just can't seem to fall asleep. I tried to take a nap yesterday and just laid there for almost 3 hours. I finally just got up and started doing some things. I did feel a little better just from getting off my feet, but I really wanted to sleep for a little while. Its so frustrating when I lay there longer trying to sleep than the actual amount of time I wanted to nap for.

That seems to be happening to me a lot lately whether I'm trying to take a nap or sleep at night.

Old 08-14-09, 08:31 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

I hardly ever sleep! Not because my mind is racing but because it hurts so bad. I can not get a good position that my SPD doesnt hurt. Sometimes I can lay on my back with one leg bent to the side and it doesnt hurt as bad, but I am not a back sleeper so it isnt comfortable. Ugh I will be glad when I can get 3 hours sleep straight!!!

Old 08-14-09, 08:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I've just decided that I'll actually get a good night sleep when Morgan is a few months old.

I actually take the best naps during the day on the couch sitting up with my feet propped up.

Old 08-14-09, 11:44 AM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I finally got a little bit of sleep last night, but its only in spurts of 45-60 minutes at a time. I was just grateful that I fell asleep without laying there for hours first. I feel bad for you LeAnn, I go through pain here and there, but it doesn't sound like its near what you are going through. Alisha I will have to try the couch nap sitting up. I could see how that might actually be comfortable for a nice cat nap. I wish I had a recliner to sleep in sometimes.
Thank you LMB2007!
Keepers (08-14-09)

Old 08-14-09, 12:39 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I was having a horrible time... Then I went and bought a body pillow and it made a huge difference. I can lay on my side and put it between my knees, up against my belly, and under my upper arm, and it's perfect. Also, every night (and on the rare occasion I get a chance to nap!) I listen to my iPod, which is filled with slow, relaxing music that I'm going to listen to during labor, and a couple relaxation/hypnosis tracks that really relax me. Between the pillow making me physically comfortable and the music/tracks relaxing my mind, I fall asleep pretty quickly now and sleep better than I did for months! (Besides getting up more often to pee and roll over of course!

)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools