Baby Corner

Old 08-18-09, 03:42 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default So....

I think everyone who's left should just take a few moments to write down everything on their minds. Updates, concerns, recent appointments, what you still have left that needs to be done, what you still want to get done... anything. Because I'm bored.

Old 08-18-09, 03:48 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Woohoo!!! Just saw my ticker and realized I'm two days away from being 37 weeks. How awesome is that?!?!

I knew the last ten weeks would go fast, but this is great. I had an appointment yesterday and will be going weekly now.. blood pressure was good, everything normal, blah blah blah. I'm sick this week though, which super sucks, as I'm totally miserable with a sore throat, headache, and sinus pressure. And while we're talking about mucous (ha!), I started passing bits of my mucous plug already. I know, TMI, sorry. But exciting! I have Daniel's birthday party on Saturday and then Kenzie is free to come whenever she'd like. It would be nice to wait until after my birthday though (the 4th), as I've really been looking forward to going out one last time before she's born. I know it will be a while before we get to do that again. As far as being ready... I think we pretty much are. We need a faucet adapter to be able to fill our birth pool (which we set up, dry, last weekend to see how long it would take and what it was like - it was super cool!), but I think that's about it. Oh and I want to get a new girly diaper bag, and maybe a super comfy sleeper for her very first outfit. I'm SO looking forward to snuggling this baby in my arms!!

Old 08-18-09, 04:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I've got a ton of stuff going on and was going to pu it in a different post. But the good news is that Micah's room is all painted, furniture moved and it looks like such a big, big girl room now!

Old 08-18-09, 04:48 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Its definitely getting boring and quiet around here now. I think that I have everything finished. I've washed all the clothes and sheets, I think the only thing I have left to do is put the clean sheets back on the bassinette. (because even though everything is new, I still wash EVERYTHING!) The exhaustion is really setting in. I feel like everyday that goes by makes me a little more tired (of course the lack of sleep isn't helping any). My next Dr appt is Thursday. Oh yeah, I started having a lot of contractions the night before last, I was starting to think he was going to be born yesterday. But they finally went away. I'm having contractions off and on here and there, so I'm wondering if he's going to wait all the way until the 10th. MIL is supposed to be coming soon, maybe @ the 1st. But she still hasn't given us a for sure date that she will be here. (Call me crazy, but I find that frustrating because I'm a planner and want to know everything way ahead of time). I still want to do some carpet cleaning, but the other day I got started and found out my brand new cleaner was missing an important valve. So the company is mailing me one, but it will not be for a week or so. So that's a week longer. By the time its gets here, I probably won't have any energy at all left to do it. LOL

Old 08-18-09, 05:43 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

I am so ready to have this baby out already. I went for my weekly appt today and the first thing out of docs mouth was "What if things arent favorable next week?" I was like um... I want to have her on the 31st. Everything is already planned. DH already has his days off work schedule. We are scheduled at the hospital and I have everything worked out for the boys. He said I need a bishop score of a 7 but would settle for a 6. I dont know what this is but its a combination of dilation, effacement and softening of the cervix. He said that we should have lots of sex! Yeah right, when does he suppose we do that? He said eating spicy food, walking and all that other crap wouldnt work, only sex. He said since it is my 3rd that he doubts there would be a problem, but would cross that road when we get there. SO now I am completely stressed about it. Ugh I wish she would come on her own this weekend. Castor oil anyone? LOL Oh and she is approx. 6lbs7oz WTG Presley-Kate!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools