Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

So....

Reply Post New Topic

• ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 08-18-09 | 06:12 PM
  • Alisha, that's awesome that the room got done!! I'm hoping your hubby did it for you while you were resting properly?

LeeAnn, you seriously are nesting... carpet cleaning?!?! Alright, I admit to bugging DH about us getting the livingroom carpet cleaned lately. But that doesn't mean I'll actually DO it...

If you go into labor before the 10th will you still have to do a c-section?

LeAnn, sorry to hear that your plans might change... but it probably won't be a problem, like your doc said! One thing you could do instead of sex would be to use evening primrose oil. Castor oil will give you cramps and diarrhea, and might possibly start contractions, but it won't do anything to help your Bishop score! You can buy EPO just about anywhere. Just break open a couple capsules and rub it on your cervix, if you can, or poke holes in them and just insert them as high as you can get before bed. Much less work than having sex.

Thank you ChandyRae!
Keepers (08-18-09)
  • LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 08-18-09 | 09:46 PM
  • I guess I am nesting. I just have a few traffic spots in front of the door, because of course when we moved in a few months ago it was raining. But I'm the kind of person that just does the whole house rather than just the spots. Who knows if I'll actually get to it now at this point. Just found out that MIL will be here on the 5th all the way through to the 27th. OMG! So I have to prepare myself for that, plus the fact that she will be staying in the nursery, so I have to prepare ahead of time what I might need for the baby in the middle of the night and such. Just more things to stress about!

I was thinking the same thing Alisha, glad you got things done!

And LeAnn maybe your plans won't change. Maybe everthing will go as planned!
Thank you LMB2007!
Keepers (08-19-09)
  • LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 08-18-09 | 10:25 PM
  • OMG! My night just keeps getting more stressful. FIL just called and said he will be here in a week and a half. DH said he will probably stay about a week, which puts him here for a week straight and leaving just as MIL is coming in. He said before that he was going to come visit, but he doesn't always do what he says, so I didn't think it was actually going to happen. OMG, OMG! I am going to have family here for a month straight. OMG! And my mom is coming up from south FL and staying out front in her coach bus with her 1 year old baby too. I'm going to have a full house. Because of course she will be here in the house most of the time too!
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 08-19-09 | 09:36 AM
  • Eek LeeAnn! I would not like to have someone at my house for that long of a time. I feel for you. I hope that they help out when Kingston comes. Maybe Sept 27 will be here before you know it.
Thank you Keepers!
LMB2007 (08-19-09)
  • ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 08-19-09 | 02:12 PM
  • Oh my gosh.. that sounds like pure torture, I have to say. Like LeAnn said, hopefully they'll actually be helpful rather than just being in the way! Is the baby going to be sleeping in a bassinette or something in your room for a while? Generally you can just keep diapers and wipes in there and won't have to disturb your MIL.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work