Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

So....

Reply Post New Topic

• LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 08-19-09 | 03:06 PM
  • I'm so bummed about all of this. I just don't want guests here. I don't have the energy for all of this. I'm getting to the point where I feel like I have no energy left to do anything. Luckily I've gotten all the important stuff done already, so I can coast from here on out and hopefully rest up before the delivery. I want to cry just thinking about all the stress that's about to start. I just want to spend time with my family (as in DH, DS, & baby). I don't want to be smothered by other family members during the last 2 weeks before the baby and the first 2 weeks after the baby comes. I don't feel very sociable right now, I'm just TOO tired!

Chandra that really sucks that your sick. I hope you start feeling better before the birthday party. Being sick while pregnant, not fun at all !!!!! Oh and I'm curious, how do you know when you start to lose your mucous plug? (I'm sure I probably don't want to know, LOL, but I actually do want to know).

LeAnn, I have to say I would probably laugh at my Dr if he told me to have lots of sex right now! Yeah right! I don't want to have any sex, much less lots of it! Unfortunately I was not one of those women that gets an increased sex drive, I hoped I would, but it was quite the opposite. Right now sex isn't fun, its just another energy killer. LOL
  • LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 08-19-09 | 03:08 PM
  • Oh I forgot to answer your question Chandra. I will have the baby in a bassinette in our bedroom. Fortunately it has little storage baskets underneath it, so I'm going to use those for storage. I wasn't really concerned with getting diapers and wipes out of the nursery, so much as things like extra clothes, blankets, burp cloths, etc. But I'm going to put some of those in the storage baskets, this way hopefully in case of accidents I have all bases covered.
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 08-19-09 | 03:20 PM
  • LeeAnn is there anyway that you and DH could talk to the family about just coming for a few day(2-3) instead of weeks? I dont think it is rude at all for you to want to be with just *your* family during this time. I do really feel for you. You may just need to put your foot down. Maybe they think that you want them there, just enlighten them with out hurting their feelings. We had to tell family after the birth of our first that we want to just be by ourselves for a couple days because when we first came home we always had company (they didnt stay with us or anything) but DH was really frustrated to come home from work everyday to someone being at the house. You just cant get comfortable with guest in your home, family or not. Best of luck to you. And for the sex thing I am like you, dont want any part of it. I did not get that increase sex drive, hell I have never had it lol. I did tell DH we need to pencil it in for at *least* twice this weekend. I hope I can manage.
  • ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 08-19-09 | 04:33 PM
  • I agree with LeAnn - talk to your DH about asking them to only come for a short time. Even a week would be better than three!! Maybe they're like my in-laws and actually think that being there is helpful to you? Your DH can even be the bad guy if you need him to. You have every right to spend this time with your new family, and to not have to play hostess with a newborn and after major surgery!!!

I agree with you ladies, sex sucks right now. As I told DH, it's awkward, inconvenient, and even downright painful most of the time. Once a week is all I can possibly muster at this point, and it's a rather sore subject around our house!

The mucous plug... You're SURE you want to know?

You can lose it all at once, as a huge (like the size of a silver dollar) wad.. if you lose it like that it's often tinged with blood from pulling away from your cervix. It's just a huge thick solid piece of mucous. Or you can lose it in bits, generally no blood, just smaller solid bits of mucous. Or a combination of both of these! What's awesome about it is it means you're starting to dilate and efface, which of course is very exciting.

• alb526 alb526's Avatar 08-19-09 | 04:53 PM
  • I was so happy my parents were here for the birth. (I didn't think I would be.) It made things so much easier on the kids to be able to stay in their own home instead of being packed off to a neighbor but this time around my dad (with my encouragement) found a summer cabin so things would not be too close for comfort. It worked out great, they were here 4 weeks and I would have loved for them to stay longer. It was nice to have support close by but to be left alone to settle in.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work