Tracey and Neil (11-28-08)

Old 11-27-08, 05:28 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 220%

Hello Therese!!

We're doing good thanks!! Feeling fine! I have all day 'morning' sickness, which only stops when I am eating, but I can't spend all of my time eating, so just do the best I can!! Will buy some ginger capsules at the weekend, as I can't have ginger biscuits (wheat intolerance).

I'm not complaining though! I've waited 10 years to feel this sick and tired!!

I picked up a virus this week, which has knocked me for 6. Only a cold really, but has wiped me out. Was worried, until I found out that your immune system is lowered while you're pregnant. Apparently baby takes all the good stuff, and leaves you with the remnants!! It can take all it wants!! If it needs it, it can have it!

But really, I'm great. Had our first Midwife appointment today, she got me registered. Once I get my hospital dates sent then we'll have a long appointment, to get full family history etc. Scan at 12 weeks and at 16 I think.

The only thing I wasn't happy with is that I'll be under the consultant. Apparently they class IVF babies as high risk!!!???!! And so I'll be monitored by a male consultant. Not overly happy with that, as I wanted a Midwife-led pregnancy. But I'm hoping that he'll get bored of me and say I can be seen by the Midwives, which would be in my own home!!

How are you Therese? How's Karl and Lucy?

Old 11-27-08, 10:51 PM
is wondering around the boards again!!
Mommy of 3

Thanked 316 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glad to hear you are feeling sick

in a good way, not the cold. That is a bummer that you can't be seen by the midwife. but hope all is uneventful and you will be able to be seen by her in the end.
I hope you are feeling better from the cold soon.

Thank you MImom23!
Tracey and Neil (11-28-08)

Old 11-28-08, 03:08 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Great to hear from you

sorry you aren't feeling good but m/s is a good sign. I felt fine when i ate too but at the same time didn't want to eat kwim? I know you know but small meals more often is best. Your immune system does lower and I caught a couple of colds which wiped me out so I feel your pain but after 13 weeks you do feel a million times better, trust me. I'm sorry you can't have the midwife led delivery (yet!) but the consultant just has you and the baby's best interests in mind and the bottom line is you get great care and deliver your precious bundle. I always dreamt of normal delivery but the further I went in my pg I realised I would need a c-section so I got my head around that and both Karl and I were happy that at least we would both see the baby born but 3 wks before delivery I found out reading my notes that I was to have a general anaesthetic and I bawled my eyes out in the waiting area while calling K on the phone. My consultant told me it was in my best interest and the baby's and in the end we had to follow his advice (my back has so much scar tissue they couldn't put a spinal in) but we were devastated that neither of us would witness our baby's birth but in the end it doesn't matter. I do feel a little cheated but as I sit here typing this my bundle of joy is sitting on the floor chewing on her toys and calling out for her dada...

now her birth seems a long way away and its the day to day living that I concentrate on.

I've no doubt that you will be able to persuade the consultant to release you to the midwives but they might just hold on to you until after the first trimester.

How has Neil dealt with all of this? I'll bet he hasn't stop smiling since you found out

Old 11-28-08, 05:49 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

My biggest fear about delivery (apart from all the needles) is being strapped (via the monitor) to a bed and being made to push my baby up-hill, instead of letting gravity help me.

To me, a 'high-risk' consultant-led delivery means more intervention and more monitoring, and more intervention means more needles and less freedom.

Neil is chuffed to bits! Every morning and every evening since our embryo transfer he's kissed and talked to my belly! He's already such a devoted Dad

Last edited by Tracey and Neil; 11-28-08 at 05:51 AM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools