Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > July - September Due Date Club Spent the afternoon in L&D at the hospital

Spent the afternoon in L&D at the hospital

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-14-09, 09:59 AM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.5%
Default Spent the afternoon in L&D at the hospital

Quite the interesting day was had yesterday. I've been dealing with mild swelling in my hands in feet for a while, but the tingling/pain/numbness in my left hand and forearm was started to drive me crazy. So when I was at the chiropractors on Thursday I had him check my BP. It was 150/90. Pretty high for me since its been 115/65-70 this whole pregnancy. Then when I went to work yestday I had one of the nurses check it and it was 163/92. Well that got me a ticket straight to my midwives office. They checked it and it was still high and trace of protein in urine so they sent me to Labor & Delivery just to make sure everything was ok. I spent about 5-6 hours there and my BP was just up and down and finally stayed normal. Morgan's HB the whole time was fine so that's good. So today I'm having to do a 24 hour urine collection and be on bedrest the rest of the weekend and follow-up with my midwives office Monday morning. I'm gonna go stir crazy not getting stuff this ready this weekend. And luckily I have a BP monitor at home so I'll be checking it to make sure it stays low. I'm no where near ready and I had a long talk with Morgan and told her that she had to behave and stay put!

Old 08-14-09, 10:13 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 13%

Oh my sounds like you had a crazy day. I hope your BP stays down and there isnt any protein in your urine. Morgan stay put until your daddy gets his butt in gear.
Alisha stay on bedrest, I am sure you will be wanting to get up and do stuff your not supposed to be doing.
Thank you Keepers!
Alisha (08-14-09)

Old 08-14-09, 01:00 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 3%

Oh boy, that sounds like it was a bit stressful. I would go stir crazy too, but maybe you can just look at it as a nice time to relax and get some rest.
Thank you LMB2007!
Alisha (08-14-09)

Old 08-14-09, 01:42 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

Oh wow, I'm glad everything turned out okay.. and hopefully your BP will stabilize and stay low from here on out! I forbid you to think about getting the baby's room done this weekend... that will just stress you out and raise your blood pressure more!!

Get a good book and some movies and enjoy one of the last weekends you'll have to just relax for a while!
Thank you ChandyRae!
Alisha (08-14-09)

Old 08-14-09, 06:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 0.5%

I may send hubby out for a movie to pick up from Redbox. I swear there is nothing good on tv. And luckily Micah wants to go to her papa's house so I'll def be able to just relax and veg out. I sooooo want to get in that room. And the bad thing is we were making good progress and had planned to go to Lowe's this weekend and get paint to redo that room so Micah could move her stuff over. So off I go back to the couch... man this is boring!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools