Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Telling the family

Reply Post New Topic

• alb526 alb526's Avatar 12-26-08 | 05:57 PM
  • I also replied to your other post. I didn't see a HB at 6.5 weeks vaginally but my doc said not to be alarmed so I've decided not to stress.
  • AshFind06 12-26-08 | 07:12 PM
  • sorry girls guess i need to read all posts first thanks tho
  • 3Princes 12-26-08 | 10:59 PM

•  
    That's ok!
  • Eskie Eskie's Avatar 12-27-08 | 05:56 AM
  • Sounds like no one was expecting your news -- I think it was a great way to tell them.

We held off until the next u/s to make extra sure everything is ok. Just a little worried.
  • Tracey and Neil Tracey and Neil's Avatar 12-28-08 | 07:43 AM
  • How funny! Isn't it funny about the different reactions!!

After 10 years most people have done cartwheels when we told them, but the weirdest reaction was my Nanny (My Mum's Mum), I don't think my Nanny's a very nice person, uses emotional blackmail on my Mum whenever she wants something, and never seems to appreciate all that my Mum does for her.

Well, Nanny said 'oh that's wonderful', and then started crying. I started to think that maybe she had a soft bone in her body after all, and then she says "I'm so pleased for your Mum!" I went silent and she said "I've seen the way she looks longingly at babies, and has talked sadly about her friend's grandchildren".

I said "well it hasn't been a bed of roses for us you know, don't you think that it's been easy for us? IVF isn't exactly a walk in the park you know!".

Needless to say, shortly after she started to dig herself out, I ended the phone call!!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work