Baby Corner

Old 08-12-09, 06:31 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Think nesting finally kicked in

I have gotten SO much done in the past two days. I don't feel terribly energetic, but much more so than I had been feeling in the days before that. Yesterday I got some deep-cleaning done in my room and the kids' room, and got my bedroom furniture moved and laundry done. Today I didn't do any actual cleaning, but got the baby's room ready for her. Everything was there before, but not in the right places... the crib was full of things and had no sheets, and the dressing table was completely covered with stuff that needed to be put away and organized. Now it looks like an actual baby room instead of a baby room "in the works", and I could just slip her right into bed if she came tonight!

(Not that she will, of course!) I also think she dropped, which is really weird for me. Even my first never dropped, not until I was halfway dilated and they broke my water! She feels SO low now, and I keep getting these "zings" down by my cervix where I feel like she's trying to get out. Very odd and yet somehow comforting! Anyway, that's my update for today.

Old 08-12-09, 06:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

No nesting here! I have at least been doing a lot of nesting at work...so does that count?

I'm so ready to be done with work and I want to make sure everything is squared away before I go on leave. I'm hoping to finally get the extra room cleared out so we can paint then move Micah's furniture over. Then we'll finally have a place to put up all of Morgan's stuff. And now I'm just like I have about 4 weeks to get all this done.

Old 08-12-09, 06:52 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

Send me some nesting dust. I could sure use it. My house is a wreck, have laundry piled up the wazoo and Presleys room, well it needs organizing. I too have stuff all over the place in there. I hope I can get some energy this weekend.

Old 08-12-09, 10:03 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Good for you Chandra. I'm glad your able to get some things done. I didn't have much energy today to get things done, it just comes and goes, so I make the most of it when I have it. Alisha & LeAnn I'm sure yours will kick in soon too.

Old 08-13-09, 03:54 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well hopefully one of you guys got the nesting bug today.. I just have zero energy. I'd be absolutely embarrassed if someone stopped by right now! I just look at the toys or laundry or even the shower (ha!) and think, yeah, that's not going to happen. Maybe we can just pass the nesting between us for the next few weeks and everyone can get a little bit done at a time.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools