Baby Corner

Old 08-20-09, 11:12 PM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 6%
Default Update

I went to the Dr today and everything is going well. I did find out finally why my hands are hurting so bad. He said that I have pregnancy carpal tunnel and that it will go away after the baby is born. Its nice to finally have an answer as to why my hands are hurting so extremely bad and that it will go away soon.

Also my mom called and said that she is going to wait to visit after MIL leaves, so its not going to be so cramped. She's still going to come for the birth, but leave after, then come back later.

I think FIL has decided to wait also. We will see what happens.

It will be nice to not have SO much going on at once.

Old 08-21-09, 09:31 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 26%

Glad everything is looking up!!!
Thank you Keepers!
LMB2007 (08-21-09)

Old 08-22-09, 01:48 AM
is Fins Up
melanie

Thanked 48 Times
Weekly Activity 1%

sneaking a peek and i also had the pregnancy induced carpal tunnel and it was the worst pain i ever felt, if i moved mr wrists too much this way or that way the pain felt like a hot knife slicing my hands, splinting helped and mine went totally away by 2 weeks after delievery
Thank you charmel96!
LMB2007 (08-22-09)

Old 08-22-09, 01:55 AM
Lovin My Family!

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmel96

i also had the pregnancy induced carpal tunnel and it was the worst pain i ever felt, if i moved mr wrists too much this way or that way the pain felt like a hot knife slicing my hands
I have to agree. Mine feels a little different from what you are describing, but still sounds equally as painful. My hands feel like they have been beaten with a hammer. When I wake up in the morning its so hard to move my hands, it usually lightens up towards the end of the day, but its unbelievable earlier in the day. It hurts to even wash my hair. I cannot even remove twist top lids from food jars, etc. Its nice to know that it will go away. I only have @ 18 more days to go...

Old 08-22-09, 06:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 1%

Poor thing! Glad to hear everything else is going well. Hang in there!

Thank you Alisha!
LMB2007 (08-22-09)
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools