Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

weird pain

Reply Post New Topic

• Keepers Keepers's Avatar 08-24-09 | 02:11 PM
  • I am having a weird pain in the upper left quadrant of my abdomen. Its like I am being poked with a sharp object and its making things hard to breathe. It started as a burning sensation and has turned into this and it radiates to the back like someone is poking me in the ribs. It hurts really bad and I cant get relief no matter how I seat. I am at work so its not like I can go lay down or anything. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what was it? Should this warrent a call to the OB? I have an appt tomorrow but this pain is almost unbearable. Also Presley dropped big time so its not because she is so high. Any suggestions?
  • hklord hklord's Avatar 08-24-09 | 03:09 PM
  • The only time I felt a pain like that was when I was in labor
Thank you hklord!
Keepers (08-24-09)
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 08-24-09 | 03:55 PM
  • I hope its labor! Also TMI but I have had constant diarrhea too.
    I did call the office and she said that they have heard this before and said it was more than likely a tear in my abdomen from the stretching. Eek. She said to watch it and see if it gets worse, if it does she wants me to call back.
  • LMB2007 LMB2007's Avatar 08-24-09 | 04:29 PM
  • I have had some pain like that, but it comes and goes. I experience the burning sensation a lot! I have no idea what it is, my Dr didn't really have a definitive answer for me. I hope your pain stops, or you just go ahead and go into labor soon!
Thank you LMB2007!
Keepers (08-24-09)
  • Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 08-24-09 | 11:31 PM
  • Ouch- I was going to say the same thing about it sounding like labor pains- I had pains like that. It won't be long now- I hope you are feeling better!
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!
Keepers (08-25-09)

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!