Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

What would you do?

Reply Post New Topic

• koala_kaper koala_kaper's Avatar 05-02-11 | 01:58 PM
  • Today I was following Athemia (my youngest) down the steps and I slid on one of them and fell. My first thought: baby, second thought: OW, third thought: thank GOD I didn't know Athemia down!

Anyway, I slid and gave myself rug burn on the back of my leg and landed right on my butt/tail bone area and then continued to slide down another step or two.

NOW, my tail bone hurts and my neck feels kinda funny and I have a bit of a headacke and feel slightly dizzy here and there as well as slightly nauseaus. DH is at work for another 2 hours and I'm home with the kids. I haven't felt much movement from baby since it happened, but that's not unusual for this time of day either. I haven't felt anything else unusual as far as contracting or anything.

What should I do?
  • koala_kaper koala_kaper's Avatar 05-02-11 | 03:16 PM
  • I talked to DH on his break and he said to call my Dr. I did and left a message with her nurse and am waiting for a call back. Baby still hasn't moved all that much. There was about a 2 minute period where she was moving around, but that's been about it.
  • MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 05-02-11 | 04:19 PM
  • I was going to say the same thing- call the doc's office and talk to a nurse. I was in a car accident a month ago and that's what I did; called the doc's office. The parmedics asked if I wanted to go to the hospital, but I felt fine, just a bit shaky. The doc's office told me what signs to watch out for. The baby was quiet for a couple hours and I started feeling BH contractions later on like I never have before, but no cramping, bleeding, or anything and the baby started moving again. I think the baby was as shocked as I was, lol!

I'm sure everything is fine, but if you feel differently, take yourself into L&D to have them check.
  • Sheri Sheri's Avatar 05-03-11 | 08:11 AM
  • :lurking:

How are you feeling today?
  • Janine Janine's Avatar 05-03-11 | 06:25 PM
  • Hope everything is fine. I fell several times when I was pg with my first. Nothign too serious, but enough to scare me.