Baby Corner

Old 06-30-08, 12:11 AM
Community Member

Thanked 14 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Talking 23 wk Appt!

Well I am back! First off I want to say that I love this new dr that I saw today! He made me feel so comfortable! BP was 130/66...weight ugh don't get me started! I have gained 8lbs in 5 1/2 wks! But the dr didn't say anything so that made me feel okay...BUT STILL!!! Baby's HR was in the 150's...The dr said the u/s looks perfect...baby looks great and is growing right on schedule..my tummy measured perfect too! He didn't say anything about the quad screen so I am sure that is fine too! He also made sure he put on there in BOLD letters and highlighted that I don't want to know the sex...so now the drs office won't screw up!

I did tell him about me being so anxious about this c-section and he reassured me that all will be okay! He did go over the risks...but also looked back through my history and said that he is sure that all will go fine...the biggest risk would be that the placenta could grow into my uterus...but in that case the worst would be removing the uterus but thats last resort...he said there is a medicine that can make what won't come out come out...He also said he has done lots of 4 peats and 5 peats and he is very comfortable with them! Which that alone made me feel better!!! He also said that he wants to do my section under a more controlled environment so he wouldn't have a problem doing it at 37 or 38 wks...but we will have to do an amnio at 36 wks....which I am okay with if he thinks its best...plus nick is suppose to be leaving for 3wks around when I am due so this would make it easier for him to be home!

I go back on the 22nd of July....and I gotta do my glucose test between now and then....FUN! LOL thats about it!

Old 06-30-08, 09:17 AM
Tyler's mommy :>)

Thanked 33 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sounds like a great appt.!!!!!!Glad to hear everything is going so well.

Old 06-30-08, 09:42 AM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

Great appt! I am glad he could put you more at ease about your delivery.

Old 06-30-08, 09:50 AM
Amanda,Krystal,Ambers Mom

Thanked 73 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sounds like a great appt it is so important to have a doc you feel comfortable with. I am so glad he eased your mind about the delivery.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools