Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Baby Shower

Reply Post New Topic

• MaybeBaby4 MaybeBaby4's Avatar 11-03-08 | 05:02 PM
  • Yesterday was my baby shower!!
    My wonderful sister Andrea did all the planning and hosting.
    Everyone had a really great time. We got sooooo much stuff i couldn't believe it my mini van was completely packed to the brim.
    DD had to ride in the front seat to go home because that was the only space in the car! The in-laws got us the car seat/stroller combo i had been wanting but wasn't sure if i should spend the money on. My husbands family don't know a lot about baby showers. There custom is to shower the baby after it's born.
    One of his aunts brought me in a head wreath with money on it. She said it';s there custom for everyone to clip money to the wreath if they want to hold the baby. No one clipped any money but there was quite a bit of cash with the gifts which is not typically an American custom. Though i wasn't complaining

We got lots of pictures but i will have to wait until my oldest sister gets them all loaded on the computer. Having all the stuff in the house and being set up definitely makes me realize how close we are to holding our little one in our arms.
    I will post pictures soon!!
  • DeeElizabeth DeeElizabeth's Avatar 11-03-08 | 08:12 PM
  • Sounds like you had a great day! I'm glad you got some of the stuff you wanted

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work