Baby Corner

Old 01-01-09, 04:43 PM
Community Member

Thanked 13 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%
Default Birth Story

I could probably write four pages or more of my labor and birth story .... However i will try to cut it down to a readable amount.

I will start by saying i hate cervidil!!! When we got to the hospital i was already having contractions on my own. Though they were small they were six minutes apart. After about an hour or so i was checked and approved for the cervidil. My cervix was not effaced and was far back. I was 1-2cm. The placed the cervidil and i had to lay flat on my back for 2 hours. Almost immediately the cramping/contractions started and were quite uncomfortable within 30 min. By an hour i was having contraction almost one on top of the other and they were painful enough for me not to be able to talk through them. This continued through the night. About 4am they took the cervidil out. I was hoping the contractions would stop at this point. I was in a lot of pain. every cervical check was excruciating. The nurse said the cervidil had irritated my cervix. I got in the shower and washed up a bit. About 6:00am they started pitocin. I was still having contractions every couple of minutes. I had been up all night i was tired and emotional. My cervix had thinned out some but was still not dilating.
The told me my doctor was going to come in the course of the morning and break my water. At about 10:00am I finally fell asleep. Even though i was still having contractions it had been 24 hours since i had slept and my body finally just gave in to it. I slept for about 2 hours. The nurse came in and said my doctor would be coming within an hour or so. She showed up at about 1:00pm
When she checked me it hurt so bad i actually screamed. she said i was 3 and tried to break my water. Unfortunately she missed the sack and had to get her fingers back into my cervix and try again. I was crying when she was done and she suggested i get an epidural before it was too late. By about 1:45 i had my epidural and was feeling a lot better. About 2:15 my bladder felt full so they came in a cathed me. As soon as my bladder was emptied i could feel Maya Start to come down the birth canal. I told the nurse that she was coming down so she checked me and said i was 7 and baby was definately coming. She called the doctor. I was starting to feel a lot of pressure and hoping the doctor would make it in time. She walked in just as Maya was starting to crown. I pushed once then i screamed and cussed. I think it just happened so fast i was in a bit of shock. So i started apologizing for cussing and losing control. DH calmed me quickly and i pushed her head out. I gave it one more good push..... Then i looked down and saw a little hand! I was crying hysterically as they placed her on my belly. No matter how many times you do it there is nothing nothing in the world like seeing your child for the first time.

Maya was 7lbs 1oz
19 1/2 inches long
born at 2:44 pm

Old 01-01-09, 06:09 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 50.83%

Sorry it was so painful and long, but what a great reward! Congratulations!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools