Baby Corner

Old 04-22-10, 10:50 PM
is hopeful for the future
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1720%

Thanks again for the encouragement guys. I called the doc that everyone in kaseys family sees and i told them my history and i was high risk with no clue how far along i was and the best date she could give me was a month away!!! so im saying no to that...should i just start calling places? what do i do now??

Old 04-22-10, 11:11 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Yeah, definitely start calling around. My ob does the first appt at 8 weeks, and that's "late" for most obgyns around here.

Old 04-22-10, 11:21 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

With your history I'd call around. It really depends on your area though. I used to be seen bbetween 6-8 weeks for a low risk pg for my girls. Then we moved and the OB's here don't see you until 12 weeks unless there is a serious problem like bleeding! It drove me crazy for my last pg, but it was okay because I was used to it for this one.

I hope you can find someone who can get you in sooner! I'd ask around for recommendations!

Laura

Old 04-23-10, 09:56 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Sorry if this has already been asked, but are you not able to see the doctor you saw for your previous pregnancies? Or for your annual Pap Smears?

When my younger sister was interested in finding another OBGYN but didn't want anyone to know she was pregnant, I told her just to ask around her office or friends who they went to for their annual's and if they asked why just to tell them she was never truly comfortable with her doc or she needed someone closer to where she lived to save on gas & time. She ended up going to the same one I go to.

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 04-23-10 at 10:03 AM.

Old 04-23-10, 09:57 AM
is hopeful for the future
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1720%

Alrighty, I've got a list of 4 that I found that look really good in the Woodlands which is pretty close to me (if anyone knows the Houston area). Im going to call them at open today and see if I can get in next friday. Im only looking at places that do at least some time on friday because I get everyother friday off and because of my miscarriages and allergy season and stuff my sick time is dwindling!!
Ill let yall know after I talk to someone! Cross the fingers ladies! Love yall!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools