Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

GD test surprise

Reply Post New Topic

• MaybeBaby4 MaybeBaby4's Avatar 10-27-08 | 10:53 PM
  • I went for my last 4 week appointment on Wednesday as well as my GD test which i thought they were doing a bit late as i am over 30 weeks already.
    My main concern with the appointment is that our new house is about an hour or more with traffic from the hospital. So i asked my ob when she thought would be a good time to call during labor. She was immediately concerned that anytime would not be enough time because of DD's fast arrival and asked if i would consider induction. I told her that we could discuss it. She will give me an date next Friday. I did the GD blood draw and thought nothing else of it till the next day when i got a call saying it was high =( I am really still shocked about it because i have been eating well. Exercising moderately and really not gaining much weight. Also baby is measuring small not large. However i went today for my three hour and will find out the results tomorrow morning. I am hoping all is well and it was just a false high reading. I had GD with DS #1 and he was 9.5 lbs!!! I do not want another baby that big. I did deliver him vaginally but it was worse then the other two put together times 2!!! Keep your fingers crossed for us!!
  • ~J&Ty~ ~J&Ty~'s Avatar 10-28-08 | 08:46 AM
  • OH boy! I hope it was a false test. Let us know what happens.
  • jillrn jillrn's Avatar 10-30-08 | 11:17 PM
  • keep us posted!
  • Sharil Sharil's Avatar 10-31-08 | 12:07 AM
  • good luck hun hope the 3 hour test comes back low.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work