Baby Corner

Old 04-30-10, 07:04 PM
is so blessed!
Community Member

Thanked 110 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%
Talking Got my doppler today!!!

My doppler was delivered today and the moment I put it on my tummy I could hear "baby dora's" HB (The other day I told my two year old niece that thre was a baby in my tummy, and she started clapping a grinning and yelling "Baby Dora YAY", the name sort of stuck, we will NOT be naming the baby dora..)!!! What a joyful blessing!!! I counted and HR is about 160. I am so glad to have this doppler, it gives me so much peace of mind.

Although with the symptoms I'm having this week, there should be no doubt. I have been SO SICK, even worse than when I was pregnant with John. I can't eat anything. Hope it will get a little better soon. I've been throwing up a lot too and I'm really thirsty so I know I'm getting dehydrated. I'm trying to drink a lot and rest this weekend!

Old 04-30-10, 09:51 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

How fun! I've always wanted one!

You might want to talk with your dr if you're that ill. You don't want to end up hospitalized and forced to wean!

Laura

Old 05-01-10, 02:17 PM
is wondering how much more I can take!!
Community Member

Thanked 109 Times
Weekly Activity 42.5%

Wow thats pretty good to be able to have found it that quick and only be 9 weeks. Way to go!! I know the piece of mind that little toy can give you. There were many times with my last baby she would not move for days it seemed like (was probably only hours) and I would have gone crazy if I didnt have my doppler to be able to check and make sure she was A OK in there

Old 05-01-10, 09:09 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 5%

Wow!!! I wish I had known that you were looking for one. I have one I'm selling -- Hospital grade one!!! Let me know if you are renting yours. Mine is owned and I'll sell it for less than your rental fees!!! It's a babybeat....

Old 05-01-10, 09:56 PM
is so blessed!
Community Member

Thanked 110 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Laura- today has been a little better, the good news is that I can drink fine, so I think I'll make it!!! But I totally underestimated the amount of energy it takes to nurse a hungry 14 month old and grow a little one at the same time....LOL

Mommy2KNIH- Thanks! That doppler does bring a lot of peace of mind. I had to try twice today to hear baby Dora, DH got home from work this morning and wanted to hear, we tried and failed, so we tried again tonight and found it fine.
I made the comment that we should think about names and he said "No we don't, if it's a girl, she's Baby Dora, if it's a boy he's Cletus the fetus" HAHA My husband is a comedian!

Sarah- I sent you a PM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools