Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > October- December Due Date Club >
Got our 4D u/s DVD back from the doc

Got our 4D u/s DVD back from the doc

Reply Post New Topic

• Saira Saira's Avatar 09-03-08 | 01:25 PM
  • We had to leave it there to finalize. So I went to pick it up yesterday, brought it home and between our 3 computers and 2 DVD players, nothing will play it. It's obvious that something got written to the disc, (you can see the color change on the back where the info was written), but when we put it in a player, it acts like there isn't even a disc in there. I know the disc is the right kind and our players have all read that kind before, so what's causing this problem and what can I do about it? I've got a call into the doctor's office, but I'm sure they don't keep copies. I'm holding out hope that we can somehow retrieve the data, but I fear those precious images of our LO that we paid so dearly for are lost.

Any ideas on what we can do?
  • DeeElizabeth DeeElizabeth's Avatar 09-03-08 | 05:14 PM
  • My hubby says that they didn't finalize the disk right. He wants to know what the filename comes up as on your computer....like .exe or something else?
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 09-03-08 | 05:47 PM
  • I would also say that if you paid money and the info is gone, that they would have to give you another ultrasound or your money back.
  • Saira Saira's Avatar 09-03-08 | 06:29 PM
  • Nothing comes up as a file name. No computer or dvd player wll even recognize there is a disk in there. DH is pretty computer savvy himself and he's stumped, but figured they made a boo boo on the finalization also.

The nurse called back today and appologized. She said she knows there is info on the disk and that she's pretty positive she can use the disk to get us a copy that will work. Unfortunately that means an extra trip across town to take it to her and then waiting for the u/s machine to be free so she can fix the problem. It's an inconvenince, but at least it may be working in the end.
  • jillrn jillrn's Avatar 09-03-08 | 09:33 PM
  • I know some people were having trouble playing DVD's on the new windows program VISTA. I am not sure if that will help but I thought I would mention it. Jill

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work