Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Had a dr appt today!

Reply Post New Topic

• texasgirlsmommy texasgirlsmommy's Avatar 08-21-08 | 01:03 AM
  • And it went pretty well! Nothing too intesting! My bp was good...weight gain was like 3 lbs I think....hr was in the 150's....my fundal height was 30.5 so right on....baby was kicking the monitor when we were trying to find the hb...totally typical of this one!! It loves to kick and flip and all that fun stuff!!! Wiggily little one I tell you!

I met a new dr today and wasn't too impressed...she kinda made me mad...cause one dr told me that he would deliver me at 37 to 38 wks if I agreed to an amnio cause he felt that he would rather deliver me under a more controlled environment since its my 4th csection...well I asked this dr and she said no 39 wks unless medically necessary...well I said even though its my 4th csection...and she freakin told me just cause its ur 4th doesn't mean the lungs mature faster....I am think no crap lady! Ugh! So I made sure not to get my next appt with her...she doesn't want to see me back for another 4 wks...I am so use to going more often by now...but whatever....so I go back in 4 wks and we will set up my csection date....I got the appt with the dr that said he would deliver me earlier though...so hopefully I can still go around 38wks...we shall see!!

So ya baby is good...just some drs frustrate me!

• DeeElizabeth DeeElizabeth's Avatar 08-21-08 | 05:04 PM
  • I can't believe they still have you coming only every 4wks....my Dr. always starts the every 2wk visits by 30weeks gestation and then weekly visits by 38wks. I've never made it to the weekly ones though lol. Sounds like the Dr. you saw this time was grouchy!
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 08-21-08 | 09:11 PM
  • What a b-word. No need to be rude! Glad everything else is good!
  • jillrn jillrn's Avatar 08-22-08 | 09:48 PM
  • I am going weekly but that's b/c I have issues! lol My dr starts every 2 weeks at 30 weeks normally too Jill
  • Sharil Sharil's Avatar 08-24-08 | 11:48 AM
  • I am going every week as well but thats cause of my blood sugars. That doctor was just plain rude and I am glad you arent seeing her again. Its great that everything was good with the baby.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work