Baby Corner

Old 10-15-08, 03:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 2%
Default Haylee is here!

My mom and grandma got here early Saturday morning. After spending most of the day letting them rest after the drive, we went out for dinner. Then I requested a trip to Target since I had been stuck in the apartment all week. At about 11:30 that night I woke up with pains. I wasn’t sure if it was actual labor because I wasn’t contracting with all of the pains. DH decided that we needed to go to the hospital anyway saying the worst they could do was send us home.

We got there around 12:30 and I checked in. They hooked me up to monitor the contractions, which were now coming 5-7 minutes apart. When they checked me I was at 5 cm and said that I was having a baby that night. So, they called my doctor and had him come in. By 2:30 they were taking me back for the epidural. I started getting nervous after I went numb. Haylee Grace was born at 3:01 am and I was out of the OR by 3:55. They kept me downstairs for an hour and then took me up to my recovery room. I was able to attempt breastfeeding soon after delivery, but I was so out of it from the epidural that I wasn’t able to hold her for very long.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com

We were sent home Tuesday morning, which I was not expecting. I thought I was going to have to stay until at least Wednesday. We are doing great, breastfeeding is great. The only problem we are having with that is that she doesn’t open her mouth wide enough sometimes, so I am sore. The lactation consultant gave me breast shells so that my clothes don’t rub.
<o:p></o:p>

Vincent is adjusting well. He was very jealous at first...he even tried to sit on her while she was in her carseat. He only sat on the edge though, so he was in front of her feet. It was kind of funny, I couldn’t help but laugh. Now, he will pet her head and try to give her hugs while saying ‘a

He also likes to peek at her while she’s sleeping in her bassinet. I think he’s going to do just fine.

Old 10-15-08, 04:19 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 242%

Congratulations!!!

Old 10-15-08, 05:37 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Congrats!

Old 10-16-08, 10:28 AM
Amanda,Krystal,Ambers Mom

Thanked 73 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Congratulations sweety Welcome Miss Haylee

Old 10-18-08, 08:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 2%

Congrats!
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools