Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

I love Ebay!

Reply Post New Topic

• MommyBrown MommyBrown's Avatar 09-15-08 | 12:55 AM
  • So I was trying to find a cheap way of getting baby furniture without doing the yard sale thing (I'm new in the area and I always get lost, even with a map, lol.) I am now a huge fan of Ebay, lol.

I do have a registry, but realized, with the help of you wonderful ladies, that no one is going to buy from it. I made a list of the big things I do not have, but wanted to get with the price of getting them new, not including shipping for the ones not in the store. My total cost came out to $345.00 for the following list:

Double stroller (since Vincent is still using the stroller) ~ $175.00
    Bouncer ~ $30.00
    Pack-n-play ~ $80.00
    Bassinet ~ $40.00
    Crib bedding set (the one I was registered for was a 4 pc.) ~ $60.00

My total from Ebay for the items that I was able to win (which was everything except the bassinet) is as follows:

Double stroller $95.00
    Bouncer $26.00
    Crib bedding set (a 9 pc.) $51.00
    Pack-n-play $52.00

A total of $225.00 saving me $120.00!!! Those totals also include shipping. Now, I don't really care if I have to buy the bassinet new or if I can get it from Ebay.

I was amazed, however, to see how many people don't research items before bidding on them. The bassinet I was bidding on was the exact one I'm registered for, only $40.00 new, and the person who won it, including shipping, is paying almost $70.00!!

I couldn't believe it!

Anyway, just wanted share in my excitement at getting this stuff that I was sooooo worried about a couple weeks ago.
  • MommyBrown MommyBrown's Avatar 09-15-08 | 10:24 AM
  • So I can't do math, lol. That should be $80.00 not $120.00...can't exactly use the cost of the bassinet when I still don't have one. Oops!
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 09-15-08 | 11:54 AM

•  
    great deals!!

• jillrn jillrn's Avatar 09-15-08 | 11:55 PM
  • Very cool!! I am so happy for you! It will be like Christmas when all that stuff comes!!
  • ~J&Ty~ ~J&Ty~'s Avatar 09-18-08 | 12:04 PM
  • I love ebay!!!!! I'm running out of things to sell

(