Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

I spilled!

Reply Post New Topic

• MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 04-12-10 | 11:38 AM
  • I knew if I saw my very good friend, L, that I would not be able to lie to her face. I had already dodged her question if I was pregnant via email. (she knew we were not preventing anymore)

Actually, it's pretty funny, b/c on April 1st she sent me an email that said, "I guess now would be a good time to tell you....I"M PREGNANT!!!" I FLIPPED out b/c she just got her IUD last year and has told me many, many times how crazy she thinks I am for wanting another so soon & how she is going to wait another year or so. Then after a moment of clarity, I emailed back & said wait a minute...is this an April Fool's joke? Then she ran off to a meeting & I sent like 5 emails asking her to please respond. Later, she called me & laughed hysterically as soon as I answered the phone. She said she could not believe how gullible I was. But between when she 1st sent the email and when I spoke to her on the phone, I had called Dh & told him that if she was for real pregnant, I would feel awful not telling her I was too. Thankfully, I resisted the urge until I got the truth out of her that is was a joke.

Well, we went over their house for a cook-out last night & of course she asked. I tried to ignore her b/c I was in the middle of talking anyways, but then it happened....I started smiling, glancing at Dh, and she's going , "oh my gosh, YOU ARE! Wait, how long have you known? I can't believe you didn't tell me!!! I would tell you if I was!!!" When I told I knew before she sent that April Fool's email, she said "WHAT????" It was hilarious!

She joked & said that was the true reason they asked us over, b/c she knew I wouldn't be able to lie to her face~ don't you love it when your friends know you so well? LOL

I told Dh that I am actually glad she knows b/c if something did go wrong (god forbid, knock on wood, etc) that I would rather be able to talk to her about it then not be able to talk to her about it.

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 04-12-10 at 11:54 AM..
  • Our1stbaby2010 Our1stbaby2010's Avatar 04-14-10 | 12:31 AM
  • Awe. So sweet that your friend knows you so well. I've only told one of my friends and I'm going to try to stick it out till 12 weeks (barley at 5)!!
  • Midella91w 04-26-10 | 11:36 AM
  • I have told a few of my closest friends....I just couldnt hold it in, they all new we were trying so when I found out it was written all over my face.