Baby Corner

Old 04-12-10, 11:38 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 1250.37%
Default I spilled!

I knew if I saw my very good friend, L, that I would not be able to lie to her face. I had already dodged her question if I was pregnant via email. (she knew we were not preventing anymore)

Actually, it's pretty funny, b/c on April 1st she sent me an email that said, "I guess now would be a good time to tell you....I"M PREGNANT!!!" I FLIPPED out b/c she just got her IUD last year and has told me many, many times how crazy she thinks I am for wanting another so soon & how she is going to wait another year or so. Then after a moment of clarity, I emailed back & said wait a minute...is this an April Fool's joke? Then she ran off to a meeting & I sent like 5 emails asking her to please respond. Later, she called me & laughed hysterically as soon as I answered the phone. She said she could not believe how gullible I was. But between when she 1st sent the email and when I spoke to her on the phone, I had called Dh & told him that if she was for real pregnant, I would feel awful not telling her I was too. Thankfully, I resisted the urge until I got the truth out of her that is was a joke.

Well, we went over their house for a cook-out last night & of course she asked. I tried to ignore her b/c I was in the middle of talking anyways, but then it happened....I started smiling, glancing at Dh, and she's going , "oh my gosh, YOU ARE! Wait, how long have you known? I can't believe you didn't tell me!!! I would tell you if I was!!!" When I told I knew before she sent that April Fool's email, she said "WHAT????" It was hilarious!

She joked & said that was the true reason they asked us over, b/c she knew I wouldn't be able to lie to her face~ don't you love it when your friends know you so well? LOL

I told Dh that I am actually glad she knows b/c if something did go wrong (god forbid, knock on wood, etc) that I would rather be able to talk to her about it then not be able to talk to her about it.

Last edited by MrsS1stbaby; 04-12-10 at 11:54 AM.

Old 04-14-10, 12:31 AM
is excited to be a mommy for the 1st time
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.37%

Awe. So sweet that your friend knows you so well. I've only told one of my friends and I'm going to try to stick it out till 12 weeks (barley at 5)!!

Old 04-26-10, 11:36 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.37%

I have told a few of my closest friends....I just couldnt hold it in, they all new we were trying so when I found out it was written all over my face.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools