Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Joshua's birth story

Closed Thread Post New Topic

• tinymomma tinymomma's Avatar 12-22-06 | 01:24 PM
  • I got a call about 11:50 tuesday morning from the hospital saying they had an opening for an induction that day so I made arrangements for the kids and off Chad & I went to have the baby. We have no labor pics unfortunately b/c we forgot our camera!! oh well.
    The labor went really well, they put a pill on my cervix to "ripen" it at 4 pm that took 4 hrs. At 8 pm they checked me and I was dialated to a 3 and starting to thin out so they started pitocin...at this point I was having regular contractions. By 10 I was in a lot of pain and they started my epidural I was dialted to a 5. After the epidural I got pretty comfy but my contractions were coming boomboomboom and Josh wasn't getting a break and his heartrate was going down w/ each contraction so they gave me a shot to slow down my contractions at midnight. I was dialated to a 6. I was feeling lots of pressure and not sure exactly the time but my nurse checked me every 10 mins and I was a 7, then a 8 so she called my dr and when he got here I was fully dialated!! So we started pushing and he was turned the wrong way so the dr had to rotate him 180 degrees lol he said be thankful I had an epidural! When he got him turned I pushed I think 3 times before his head came out and 2 more times for his shoulders....he was born 1:46 am (my dr didn't think I'd deliver until after 3 am so I progressed much faster then we thought!) 7 lbs 11 oz 19 inches long. He is beautiful and doing WONDERFUL. I love him so much!!
    ***edit***
    I forgot to add that I did tear a little but it only required 1 stitch. Also they broke my water at midnight and there was mechonium (sp)....Josh is a super pooper his first day he had 5 poops!!

Last edited by tinymomma; 12-22-06 at 03:05 PM..
  • rudolphia rudolphia's Avatar 12-22-06 | 01:27 PM
  • Congratulation, Robyn!! What a great early Christmas present!

• BnBMommy BnBMommy's Avatar 12-22-06 | 01:51 PM
  • Congratulations, love the picture in your siggy, he is gorgeous!
  • AmiKW AmiKW's Avatar 12-22-06 | 01:59 PM
  • Oh Robyn he is gorgeous!! Sounds like a good delivery! I'm jealous you got drugs

Congratulations!!!
  • 3Princes 12-22-06 | 02:07 PM
  • Sounds like a great birth!