Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Kinda long update on us

Reply Post New Topic

• DeeElizabeth DeeElizabeth's Avatar 10-21-08 | 12:08 PM
  • Hey ladies, sorry I have been MIA for a while. I have been super busy. I am practically living at the Dr.'s office now. I had a routine u/s done at the office because my belly was measuring small. I have measured small with each of my pregnancies so I didn't expect anything to be abnormal. Baby measured abnormally small though, so I was sent to a high risk doctor to determine if baby had IUGR (growth restriction). They determined that at this point things looked OK but baby's abdominal measurement was still smaller than they would like to see, so they diagnosed her as SGA(small for gestational age) and scheduled a follow-up u/s for the 30th of this month. My reg OB also decided to do NST's once a week because of this. I made it to exactly 2 of those NST appt's and yesterday at my last one, my Dr. didn't like how baby's heart was acting. She would have extremely long periods of elevated HR but no movement. So, now I am scheduled for weekly BPP u/s and twice weekly NST for the rest of my PG. I go in every Monday and Thursday now! I never had extra monitoring with my other babies so this is completely new to me. I almost feel like I should just camp out at the Dr. office lol.
  • jaedrae jaedrae's Avatar 10-21-08 | 12:20 PM
  • Oh wow that is quite an update! I'm glad that they are keeping a close eye on your little one. Let us know what they say at your next appt.

• jillrn jillrn's Avatar 10-21-08 | 12:46 PM
  • I felt the same way as I had the weekly and twice weekly BPP. At least they are keeping a close eye on baby. Keep us updated when you can!
  • ~J&Ty~ ~J&Ty~'s Avatar 10-21-08 | 04:44 PM
  • At least they are keeping an eye on the baby. I'm the same way. I have been high risk with both pregnancies and am in the doc's office 2 times a week for U/S and NST. At least we get to see our little ones on the screen every week. Hang in there.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 10-21-08 | 07:17 PM
  • I am so glad your doc is being proactive and keeping a close eye on that baby! I will be doing 2X weekly nst and weekly bpp starting at 34 weeks.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work