Baby Corner

Old 10-21-08, 01:08 PM
Mommy to 3!

Thanked 19 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Kinda long update on us

Hey ladies, sorry I have been MIA for a while. I have been super busy. I am practically living at the Dr.'s office now. I had a routine u/s done at the office because my belly was measuring small. I have measured small with each of my pregnancies so I didn't expect anything to be abnormal. Baby measured abnormally small though, so I was sent to a high risk doctor to determine if baby had IUGR (growth restriction). They determined that at this point things looked OK but baby's abdominal measurement was still smaller than they would like to see, so they diagnosed her as SGA(small for gestational age) and scheduled a follow-up u/s for the 30th of this month. My reg OB also decided to do NST's once a week because of this. I made it to exactly 2 of those NST appt's and yesterday at my last one, my Dr. didn't like how baby's heart was acting. She would have extremely long periods of elevated HR but no movement. So, now I am scheduled for weekly BPP u/s and twice weekly NST for the rest of my PG. I go in every Monday and Thursday now! I never had extra monitoring with my other babies so this is completely new to me. I almost feel like I should just camp out at the Dr. office lol.

Old 10-21-08, 01:20 PM
is loving the cool ocean air
Community Member

Thanked 100 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh wow that is quite an update! I'm glad that they are keeping a close eye on your little one. Let us know what they say at your next appt.

Old 10-21-08, 01:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I felt the same way as I had the weekly and twice weekly BPP. At least they are keeping a close eye on baby. Keep us updated when you can!

Old 10-21-08, 05:44 PM
Tyler's mommy :>)

Thanked 33 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

At least they are keeping an eye on the baby. I'm the same way. I have been high risk with both pregnancies and am in the doc's office 2 times a week for U/S and NST. At least we get to see our little ones on the screen every week. Hang in there.

Old 10-21-08, 08:17 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

I am so glad your doc is being proactive and keeping a close eye on that baby! I will be doing 2X weekly nst and weekly bpp starting at 34 weeks.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools