Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > October- December Due Date Club low progesterone and miscarriage?

low progesterone and miscarriage?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 04-21-09, 06:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.54%
Default low progesterone and miscarriage?

Ok, remember how I said I got pregnant right after a failed IVF cycle? Well, I saw my ob-gyn last week, and i told them i was concerned maybe my progesterone level might be low since it was right after a failed ivf. the doctor said i shouldn't be concerned since i got pregnant on my own, but to make me feel better, he'll take bloodwork to test my progesterone levels. that was on tuesday. so, i was 7 wks 1 day last week. the results were available by fri. i called and the nurse said my levels were 15 and it was fine. so, i was relieved.

well, i get a call from the nurse just now saying that she apologizes because she was looking at the progesterone level of a nonpregnant woman. the doctor wants my level to be above a 20, and i'm at 15. so, they want me on progesterone suppositories. i asked her if this means i'm going to miscarry, and she said 'i don't know.'

what were some of your progesterone levels and should i be concerned? i'm really upset at my obgyn's office b/c the progesterone level was a concern of mine from the beginning, and how could they have made a mistake last week telling me it was all ok??

dh and i are freaking out!

Lucy

Old 04-22-09, 09:39 AM
is gonna have 2 under 2!
Expecting our Miracle

Thanked 348 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

I'm not sure what my progesterone level was in the beginning however I did take progesterone suppositories for the first 12 wks. Low progesterone can be treated as they are doing with you and it does not mean you will miscarriage. However if left untreated your chances of miscarriage would be higher.

Old 04-22-09, 08:27 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

thanks, hopeful7. i'm just wondering why my progesterone is low and if i should prepare or a miscarriage, etc. i'm keeping my fingers crossed and knowing your's is progressing to a normal pregnancy makes me feel better.

Lucy

Old 04-22-09, 09:05 PM
is gonna have 2 under 2!
Expecting our Miracle

Thanked 348 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Good luck Lucy! I'm sure with the aid of the supplements you'll be just fine. I'm thinking about you and wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months.

Old 04-23-09, 12:57 AM
Maddie & Delaney's Mummy

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

Will they be monitoring your progesterone levels while you're on the supplements? I'm sure you'll be okay, and as hopeful said you're being treated.

My level was 97, and a friend's level was 54, so they vary considerably.

Keep us updated!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools