Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Milk ducts already forming??

Reply Post New Topic

• MrsS1stbaby MrsS1stbaby's Avatar 04-26-10 | 10:06 AM
  • I am only 8 weeks along, but the past few days my breasts have been more tender and I am even feeling small spots similiar to milk ducts, not quite as hard or uncomfortable as a blocked duct, but just that feeling that its there. (if that makes sense, lol)

I know that since I breastfed before, that towards the end of my pregnancy there may be a chance of leakage, but this early?

Anyone else that breastfed and then experienced this with their 2nd pregnancy? I have my exam on Wednesday and I am definitely going to ask about it, but just wanted to see if this is common. Or if I should be worried.
  • Mrs.Emily Mrs.Emily's Avatar 04-26-10 | 10:27 AM
  • Well since I am still breastfeeding, I am no help! LOL But I can tell you that this weekend, breastfeeding has gotten painful for me. Today my boobs are very heavy and sore feeling and full feeling for the first time in a while. I'm sure it's normal.
  • LAB LAB's Avatar 04-26-10 | 02:12 PM
  • Totally normal. Your body has already done this before and knows exactly what to do! You might experience a lot of things way earlier then you did before. I had BH contractions by 8 weeks with my 3rd (don't remember when they started with my 2nd as it was nearly 8 yrs ago).

You may or may not have leaking. I only leak when I'm actually bfing and not at any other time. I've never had to worry about it while I'm pg.

Laura