Baby Corner

Old 10-09-08, 01:14 AM
Amanda,Krystal,Ambers Mom

Thanked 73 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default My birth story

As you all know I had gone in to see the diabetes doc on the tuesday before she was born and they did an amnio. When I came in on friday to see the diabetes doc for a bpp and to find out the results of the tests it showed Amber's lungs were developed my diabetes doc called my doctor and spoke with him and they decided that it was time to deliver her they were worried if they left her in much longer there could be a chance of still birth and decided that the benifits outweighed the risks of delivering her early. They sent me over to triage and got me hooked up to the monitors and started the never ending paperwork you have to sign and fill out lol. I had to wait three hours before they could deliver to give my breakfast time to digest so while i was waiting DH ran home to get our camera and a few things we would need. The anesthesiologist came in at a little after three pm and started prepping me for surgery he wanted to do a spinal but since i have back problems and have had problems with a spinal before we decided on an epidural they did my epidural at about 3:45 PM and took me off to the operating room. Somehow between the operating room and triage my IV slipped out of my arm and when they realized it they started frantically looking for a new IV site there were three different people poking me they tried in my right foot, right hand, left wrist , left arm and finally got it in a small vein in my left hand. I had gotten sick two days before this and had an upper respiratiory infection when they took me in and it was very scary for me because i felt like i could not breath and i was having a hard time staying awake so they were patting me on the cheek and asking me if i was still with them and telling me to talk to them and made me recite the alphabet to them. Apparently sometime during the c section my blood pressure dropped very low and they hand to give me a shot of ephedrine in my thigh to bring it back up. They started the c section a few minutes after 4pm and Amber was born at 4:15 pm she came into the world kicking and screaming. I made everyone laugh when they told me she was born and I asked what color her hair was lol. They got her cleaned up and let her daddy take some pics of her and wrapped her up and let him bring her over to see me. They finished closing me up and Amber got to accompany us to the recovery room where i got to hold her for a few mins. She is very healthy they said she looked like she was more like 37 weeks gestational age than 35 she did not require any oxygen or any other measures. We are all home now and doing well.

Last edited by Sharil; 10-10-08 at 05:56 PM.

Old 10-09-08, 07:51 AM
Tyler's mommy :>)

Thanked 33 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glad to hear you're all so well. Thanks for sharing and she is beautiful!

Old 10-10-08, 04:27 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

Congratulations! Glad to hear all is well!

Old 10-29-08, 10:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Congratulations

Old 11-25-08, 12:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I just wanted to say congratulations and thats such a pretty name!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools