Baby Corner

Old 10-01-08, 10:51 PM
Amanda,Krystal,Ambers Mom

Thanked 73 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default my doc appt yesterday

Was not what i was expecting I went to see the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor they are the ones who take care of my diabetes here. They did an Ultrasound and measured Amber and the measurements are estimating her at 9lbs 3ozs the doc was very very concerned and said he wants the baby delivered as soon as possible so he said he wanted to do an amnio to check the lung function, and check for birth defects. He said if she gets too much bigger it could kill Amber. I go tomorrow to see the ob and I would not be surprised if they decide to do the c section tomorrow or friday. If they dont admit me tomorrow I will see the maternal fetal medicine doc again on Friday for another BPP, and find out about the lung function but it is looking like its going to be some time in the next week instead of in 4 weeks. I will keep yall posted or have someone log on for me and give yall an update.

Old 10-01-08, 11:04 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 76.25%

Wow. I hope you and Amber are ok, and let us know when you find out what is going on.

Old 10-01-08, 11:59 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 151.25%

I hope they deliver you... especially if she is measuring that big at your next U/S. That's dangerous... and PLEASE PLEASE if you stop feeling her move GO TO THE HOSPITAL... not to scare you but we had a lady come in with a 38wk demise, diabetic on insulin, but she waited a day and a half to come in since she last felt her baby move.... please please be careful....

Definatly praying for you and Baby Amber!

Old 10-02-08, 07:34 AM
Tyler's mommy :>)

Thanked 33 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

I hope they deliver soon. Sounds so scary. Let us know what happens.

Old 10-02-08, 10:24 AM
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Keep us updated! Hope everything goes okay and you both come out safe. Praying for you.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools