Baby Corner

Old 11-17-08, 03:39 PM
Amanda,Krystal,Ambers Mom

Thanked 73 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.43%
Default pregnants?

How did your appt go with your midwife was she able to turn the baby? We havent heard from you since you updated that they were going to try is everything ok?

Old 11-20-08, 09:50 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 26.52%

Would love to hear how you are doing.

Old 11-21-08, 09:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.43%

I forgot to subscribe to my breech baby post- so I am just now getting back on the board. So, this is how it went down. I went to my midwife appointment and she and my doula dug their fingers in my belly so deep. They had no CLUE how Jack was sitting! They felt baby all over. Then the doppler picked up heartbeat on the bottom right and then on the top left! She said "if I didn't know any better, I'd say you had twins in there". I knew better though. I make huge babies and I surely would have seen another baby in there during my 22 week ultrasound. SO! She sent me to get an ultrasound. Longest two days ever, ladies. My hippy midwives don't usually approve of ultrasounds, so I felt like we had a "situation". I was SO worried about Jack and that I wouldn't be able to have a homebirth because Jack was in a terrible position, or god forbid have to schedule a C-section. OR I MAY HAVE TWINS IN THERE...double eek.

Ultrasound time finally comes and DH, my oldest daughter Maggie and I couldn't WAIT to see what was going on. The technician says right away, oh, he is head down. What? Really? WTF is jamming my right rib? His butt and sometimes his knee. We also confirmed that he is indeed a he. She said he was spread out like a starfish. He isn't getting his security deposit back on this place, 'cause he has really trashed the joint. He has taken up every inch and the tech kept saying ooohh he is so long!

I was so proud of him for being in the right position, and I do not have a problem pushing his knee or butt out of my ribs anymore. I was being really gentle before, but I thought I was smashing his little face. Now that I know it was his butt, I push him down with gusto.

Although he is headed in the right direction, I still feel like he up high and I hope he drops down soon. They said he was at around 7 pounds at 34 weeks. I'm 35 weeks today and imagine he will be around 9-10 come week 40. It's not as scary as it seems, I'm 6 foot tall with some baby-makin' hips... but still..it's gonna an experience to say the least.

Thank you ladies for your concern and I will send an update after my appointment tomorrow.

Old 11-21-08, 09:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.43%

35 weeks

Old 11-21-08, 10:00 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 26.52%

Glad he is in the right direction! Sounds like a boy messin' up the joint!
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools