Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

pregnants?

Reply Post New Topic

• Sharil Sharil's Avatar 11-17-08 | 03:39 PM
  • How did your appt go with your midwife was she able to turn the baby? We havent heard from you since you updated that they were going to try is everything ok?
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 11-20-08 | 09:50 PM
  • Would love to hear how you are doing.

• pregnants pregnants's Avatar 11-21-08 | 09:46 PM
  • I forgot to subscribe to my breech baby post- so I am just now getting back on the board. So, this is how it went down. I went to my midwife appointment and she and my doula dug their fingers in my belly so deep. They had no CLUE how Jack was sitting! They felt baby all over. Then the doppler picked up heartbeat on the bottom right and then on the top left! She said "if I didn't know any better, I'd say you had twins in there". I knew better though. I make huge babies and I surely would have seen another baby in there during my 22 week ultrasound. SO! She sent me to get an ultrasound. Longest two days ever, ladies. My hippy midwives don't usually approve of ultrasounds, so I felt like we had a "situation". I was SO worried about Jack and that I wouldn't be able to have a homebirth because Jack was in a terrible position, or god forbid have to schedule a C-section. OR I MAY HAVE TWINS IN THERE...double eek.

Ultrasound time finally comes and DH, my oldest daughter Maggie and I couldn't WAIT to see what was going on. The technician says right away, oh, he is head down. What? Really? WTF is jamming my right rib? His butt and sometimes his knee. We also confirmed that he is indeed a he. She said he was spread out like a starfish. He isn't getting his security deposit back on this place, 'cause he has really trashed the joint. He has taken up every inch and the tech kept saying ooohh he is so long!

I was so proud of him for being in the right position, and I do not have a problem pushing his knee or butt out of my ribs anymore. I was being really gentle before, but I thought I was smashing his little face. Now that I know it was his butt, I push him down with gusto.

Although he is headed in the right direction, I still feel like he up high and I hope he drops down soon. They said he was at around 7 pounds at 34 weeks. I'm 35 weeks today and imagine he will be around 9-10 come week 40. It's not as scary as it seems, I'm 6 foot tall with some baby-makin' hips... but still..it's gonna an experience to say the least.

Thank you ladies for your concern and I will send an update after my appointment tomorrow.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 11-21-08 | 10:00 PM
  • Glad he is in the right direction! Sounds like a boy messin' up the joint!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work