Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > October- December Due Date Club Strike 3...or is this 4? Im starting to lose track

Strike 3...or is this 4? Im starting to lose track

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 04-26-10, 01:23 PM
is hopeful for the future
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 95.56%

Ya, definitely -- thats a good idea, I'll try to get ahold of them on my lunch break

Old 04-26-10, 02:13 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I all too well know how you feel. I'm sorry your going through this.
Did the er place give you your numbers on the blood tests? I wonder how they are able to say your numbers are low if there is no idea how far along you are. KWIM?
I have had bad luck with the er doctors.....especially when I had an ER doctor tell me that he didn't know what a progesterone test was!
I would deffinetly call the ob office and see what they have to say.
I sure hope everything works out...

Old 04-26-10, 03:07 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

You won't know for sure what's going on until the second blood test. You could just be earlier then you thought. If you are too early, then the numbers will be low and they won't see anything on the u/s. I wouldn't trust an ER dr. in what they say. I'd totally call your OB and get a real evaluation with what's going on and make sure you get a followup blood test!

You are still very early along and I hope it works out for the best! With so many losses (if it is a loss), I'd talk with your OB about genetic counseling! 4 losses in a row could be a sign of something amiss. If you do start to miscarry, I'd ask for testing for sure!

I'd want my progesterone levels checked along with my 48 hr blood test for the numbers to see if they are doubling properly! Progesterone deficiency is soooo common and so easily treated! I've had to be on progesterone supplements for 3 out of 4 pg and for TTC.

Laura

Old 04-27-10, 10:20 AM
is hopeful for the future
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 95.56%

Thanks guys:-) LUckily I have a friend in nursing school whose mom is a nurse and she had me give her consent to get my reports pulled from the ER place -- she said kind of the same thing -- that its very possible I am still preg just very newly preg...but if Im that new then how did a test read positive on the 15th? She said she could see a mass on the u/s too...which makes me kinda angry that the other people said there was just straight up nothign there....how strange....Im keeping a positive outlook and I *think* Im prepared for whatever news I get this friday...we shall see!

Old 04-27-10, 03:19 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I know this is frustrating, but honestly even U/S isn't an exact science. With my 2nd, 3rd and 4th babies the U/S dated that I wasn't as far along as I thought! Usually by a week. I kept trying to explain that I would have had to get a very strong positive test at like 4-6 dpo. So they've all been born a week "early" with signs of being overdue

I've never had OB's that change my dates, but my SIL's always keeps moving up her due dates and her "full term" babies (induced) look not quite done yet and are very small! Its not the exact science that the drs say it is! We only saw a yoke sac at 6 weeks with my 2nd and they said I must be 5 weeks along. Nope, I was 6 weeks and you just couldn't see the hb for some reason. She was born overdue at 1 week early

Laura

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools