Baby Corner

Old 04-09-10, 01:22 PM
is so blessed!
Community Member

Thanked 110 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.83%
Default TMI (Stomach virus and chiropractor)

I went to the chiropractor yesterday and got adjusted. Unfortunately I can't tell if it worked because now I have a stomach virus with constant diarrhea and body aches. I feel HORRIBLE. I haven't been able to eat for a few days and have been having nausea. I think it's a mix of pregnancy and virus. It SUCKS! Last night I tried to cook supper and the second I smelled the ground turkey starting to cook I barfed. John's face was priceless, like "Mom WHAT just happened here?!" I felt okay, just barfy. Then i started getting body aches and then about 5 am today I started with the diarrhea. I think it's just an awful mix of the two. DH is at work for 24 hours. I sent John off to help his Papa (FIL) work on the farm today. I can't take care of him in this shape. My sister is bringing me some fluids and gummi bears (???? that's all I seem to want to eat). My doc says I should eat whatever I can and when I feel better to try to eat something healthy for the baby.
I'm still super nervous about the baby and seeing the heartbeat next week. My doc tried to get me to do a beta draw again and I refused. I'm not having any cramping or bleeding, just feeling crappy from this virus. I'll go next week and pray for the best outcome!
I also went to Gymboree yesterday to redeem my Gymbucks (that started yesterday here) and I wanted SO badly to by the Big/Little shirts! But I resisted and got John some really cute tractor and pirate stuff instead! (We live on a farm and I am a "Pirate" it's my alma mater's mascot!)

Old 04-09-10, 02:45 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Oh no! I hope its short lived and you are back up and running soon!

Laura

Old 04-09-10, 03:34 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 2813.33%

Ugh, that stomach thing has been going around where we live. I've heard the worst part of it only lasts about a day then just queasy feeling for the rest of it until it goes away.

Old 04-10-10, 10:00 AM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 38.33%

Hope you are feeling better today. Too funny about the big/little shirts. I thought the same way (although I bought them) when I was pregnant with Kaitlyn before I knew she was a girl. I figured I had 6 months to take it back and by then I would know.

Old 04-10-10, 12:40 PM
is so blessed!
Community Member

Thanked 110 Times
Weekly Activity 0.83%

Julie that's funny!!! I only resisted b/c MIL has already bought the "Big brother" shirt!!! I'm sure as soon as we know with the little one she'll buy the appropriate shirt!! LOL
I am feeling a LITTLE better today. Tummy is still very rumbly and I had morning sickness bad this morning and spent 20 min dry heaving.....but then I felt better. I will be glad when the virus is gone, I can really only deal with one thing at a time! HAHA
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools