Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Tomorrow

Reply Post New Topic

• jaedrae jaedrae's Avatar 09-22-08 | 10:01 PM
  • I have my ultrasound to check my cervix and to see if my placenta has migrated. I am not worried about my placenta- I can live with a c-section. I am worried about my cervix because things just don't seem normal.

The little contractions and the pressure is really worrying me. I had the fetal fibronectin test and it came back normal. So in reality I have less than a 1% chance of delivering in the next two weeks, but still I worry that if I push myself back at work I'll go into pre term labor. I work at a psych hospital with teenagers who are, at the moment, extremely assaultive.

It has never been like this... If they aren't being aggressive/assaultive, they are screaming at us.

I'm not really sure what to do... I guess if my doc says baby is ok then most of my stress will dissipate and I can just concentrate on work options.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 09-22-08 | 10:23 PM
  • Well I hope everything checks out ok tomorrow. I am sorry work is so stressful right now. How is your job allowing you to be in a situation where you may be in harm's way with these assaultive teens?
Thank you Valleygirl!
jaedrae (09-23-08)
  • DeeElizabeth DeeElizabeth's Avatar 09-23-08 | 11:23 AM
  • Good luck at your ultrasound! When you say you have pressure on your cervix, what exactly does that feel like? Just like the baby is pushing down? I only ask because I've been having lots of "pressure" in the last week or so....this baby feels huge to me!
Thank you DeeElizabeth!
jaedrae (09-23-08)
  • MommyBrown MommyBrown's Avatar 09-23-08 | 12:32 PM
  • Hope the ultrasound looks good! And I hope things calm down at work for you, or at least that you can be moved to a position that would take you out of a potentially harmful situation.
Thank you MommyBrown!
jaedrae (09-23-08)
  • ~J&Ty~ ~J&Ty~'s Avatar 09-23-08 | 01:16 PM
  • Hope all is well with the ultrasound. Is moving out of your position at work a possibility? Stay safe.
Thank you ~J&Ty~!
jaedrae (09-23-08)

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work