Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Pregnancy Message Boards > October- December Due Date Club >
Twins showing up for Labour Day Weekend

Twins showing up for Labour Day Weekend

Reply Post New Topic

• nisey79 nisey79's Avatar 09-08-08 | 11:08 AM
  • Hi Ladies
    I greatly appreciate Farah update you for me. As you know Lucy and Ricky decided to show up for the long weekend. Basically after I hit the 32 week mark and the Dr. sent me home, I was good until Tuesday night when my back and right hip started up with some terrible pain. By this time my feet and legs had already swelled up so that they looked like tree trunks to me. Anyway I didn't sleep at all Tuesday because of it. Had a follow up Wednesday with my Dr. in which we scheduled a C-section for October 6. Thursday came and my back hurt even worse but I managed to make back to the hospital for an ultrasound and an NST which were unbearable just because of my back. From the Dr. on call that day I got a prescription for Tylenol three and some Robaxacet. That worked for a little bit but by Thursday night I was throwing up and really in pain so we went to the hospital because I knew something was not right. So we got there they hooked me up to the machine and ended up giving me some demerol and gravol. That only took the edge off and we went home Friday morning. Friday and Saturday were not much better as I spent a ton of time in the shower and trying to ease some of the pain with the Tylenol. Sunday morning at 5 AM just as DH was getting ready for work I said I think I better go in and get checked out. So to make a long story short, Ricky, now known as Xavier decided that he was going to kick his little foot right through that cerclage they put it in. He basically kicked it loose. So in a whirlwind of activity they were born within an hour and a half of getting to the hospital. Now I know why Labour Day weekend is called Labour Day weekend. Now we got to wait out the next two to three weeks for them to gain more weight and feed well.
  • MommyBrown MommyBrown's Avatar 09-08-08 | 11:14 AM
  • Congrats! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. How much did they weigh?
  • imagine imagine's Avatar 09-08-08 | 11:46 AM
  • congrats!! Im so glad everyone is doing well!
  • jaedrae jaedrae's Avatar 09-08-08 | 01:41 PM
  • Congratulations!!! What great news!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work