Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Update on my twins

Reply Post New Topic

• nisey79 nisey79's Avatar 09-15-08 | 01:22 PM
  • Hello Ladies

Just thought I'd check in to see how you all were doing and to give you an update on my Labour Day Weekend Twins.
    Well Xavier is finally back to his birth weight. He spent a day last week under photo lights and every diaper he had yesterday was a poopy one. I have been able to nurse him a few times but he gets tuckered out when he bottle feeds. So the nurses end up feeding him a lot through his nose. He is a real night owl and feeds better at night and really early morning apparently. He has trouble staying awake during his daytime feeds. So in my opinion that is the only thing that is holding him back from coming home.
    Caitlynn is now weighing in at 4 pounds and has started feeding again. Last week her bowels started to become inflammed because her body wasn't ready for the expressed milk yet. So now they are running it continously through her system, starting this past Friday and so far so good. Hopefully towards the end of the week she'll be able to bottle or breastfeed. Just her weight and being able to feed is what is holding her up.
    DH and I really hoping they'll both be home in the next week and a half. I am really hoping and praying that Xavier can come home next week, and Caitlynn will follow the week after. Then I'll have all my miracles at home and we can begin life now as a family of five.

• MommyBrown MommyBrown's Avatar 09-15-08 | 01:33 PM
  • Glad to hear they are both doing well. Hope they get to come home soon!

• jillrn jillrn's Avatar 09-15-08 | 03:27 PM
  • Yeah! So glad to hear, cant wait for the homecoming pics too! Jill
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 09-18-08 | 08:36 PM
  • Wow they are doing great! I hope they get to come home soon and you can all be under the same roof again!