Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Update on Stressing Out

Reply Post New Topic

• MommyBrown MommyBrown's Avatar 09-04-08 | 01:43 AM
  • I had a doctor's appt today and had an ultrasound done. The doc told me at my last appt that my uterus was measuring about 3 cm smaller than what I should be at right now, but according to the ultrasound everything is fine. I'm at 33 weeks 2 days going by my dates, and the ultrasound measured the baby at 33 weeks 3 days. She weighs 4 lbs 14 oz already...which is how much my son weighted at birth. According to their scale I've gained 5 lbs in the last week.

But that was probably not completely accurate since I had just eaten about 40 minutes before they weighed me, lol. Everything with baby is looking good, but I found out I have anemia. Not a big deal, had it with my son, too. So, I'll be getting iron pills tomorrow.

Hubby and I also talked with the doc some more about the refferal for the c-section. He said that he needs the record from my son's birth before he can send that in so that he can include some kind of medical reasoning, so hubby is going to take care of that this week. After getting responses from some of you ladies on my other thread about the delivery, I've been seriously thinking about how I want to do that and I'm considering going ahead with a vaginal delivery, or attempting it anyway, but having the approval for a c-section just in case. It's something I'll have to talk with my hubby about because he seems pretty against the vaginal delivery. That's understandable though, he witnessed what happened with our son and it scares him. He's told me many times that he's scared of losing me and neither one of us wants anything to happen to our baby. So, we'll see how it goes.
  • texasgirlsmommy texasgirlsmommy's Avatar 09-04-08 | 01:20 PM
  • I am glad u got some answers from your dr this time!!! Sounds like ur little one is growing nicely!

Next time you talk to ur dr u might want to ask if they do forceps anymore....some hospitals don't even use them anymore...With 2 of my c-sections they still had to use a vaccum to get the babies out. So they still may need to be some intervention there kwim...I would just definately keep talking to ur dr...and I think keeping ur options open is a great idea! If you can get the approval for the c-section just in case and then try vaginal then that might be best!

I am glad things seem to be coming together better!

• jillrn jillrn's Avatar 09-04-08 | 10:00 PM
  • Glad things are working out!
  • Sharil Sharil's Avatar 09-05-08 | 06:04 PM
  • Sweety I want to strongly urge you to try this vaginally every birth is totally different. It is likely you wont have as many problems this time around. Trust me I know how scary it is when you have problems with the first baby and it makes you want to shy away from doing it again but from what I have heard from alot of mothers who have more than one child is that their deliveries got easier as they went. I wanted a natural birth with my second child and unfortunately had to have an emergency c section. I think you should give it a try and make your doctor understand that if you feel you need a c section after giving it a try that he will follow your wishes. Recovering from a c section is not fun its long and drawn out and a lot of times women end up ripping their incision open. If you can avoid a c section I would advise you jump on the chance to not be cut open. I wish so badly that I was not going to have to have a repeat c section this time. Oh and I was wondering did you ask the doc if he could do that one test that Jill was talking about.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 09-07-08 | 10:03 AM
  • Well I am glad your appt went so well. I just wanted to say that I think I would try to have the baby vaginally if I were you. I think that if you or the baby were in any real danger the drs would do a crash c-section. But this pregnancy has already been very different from your first and the labor and birth could be too.

Last edited by Valleygirl; 09-07-08 at 10:14 AM..