Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

What to do with older DD?

Reply Post New Topic

• DeeElizabeth DeeElizabeth's Avatar 09-15-08 | 11:35 AM
  • My DD Mara will be about 18mos when Ivy is born...I had originally planned on getting a second crib for the baby so I wouldn't have to move Mara yet, but the crib we picked up at a Garage sale is missing pieces of the hardware.... so now I am debating whether or not I should just get a toddler bed for Mara since it is cheaper than buying another crib. I just don't know if she's ready though.... My son was in a toddler bed by the time he was 1, but Mara really likes her crib. Any suggestions on what I should do?
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 09-15-08 | 12:37 PM
  • You really are the only one that knows what is best for her - Ashley was in a crib until she was 3 (we said we would move her when another was on the way and that didn't happen as soon as we had hoped). Do you think she can handle a bed? The cheaper option is to do a twin with a rail on it, but she is still so little. Does anyone have a crib you could borrow? Have you checked out Craigslist in your area?
  • nisey79 nisey79's Avatar 09-15-08 | 01:15 PM
  • We're moving T to a regular bed when C is ready to sleep on her own.
  • DeeElizabeth DeeElizabeth's Avatar 09-15-08 | 01:48 PM
  • I have checked out Craigslist, but nothing in my area has been available. I already have a second crib/toddler mattress, so I have even thought about putting that just on the floor for her.
  • jillrn jillrn's Avatar 09-15-08 | 11:58 PM
  • Thats a good idea so she doesnt fall out. You can build her a little "nest" =) Do you plan on putting the baby in the crib right away or a bassinet at first?? You may be able to wait a few months more, if you do the bassinet thing. Jill