Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

What to do with older DD?

Reply Post New Topic

• DeeElizabeth DeeElizabeth's Avatar 09-15-08 | 11:35 AM
  • My DD Mara will be about 18mos when Ivy is born...I had originally planned on getting a second crib for the baby so I wouldn't have to move Mara yet, but the crib we picked up at a Garage sale is missing pieces of the hardware.... so now I am debating whether or not I should just get a toddler bed for Mara since it is cheaper than buying another crib. I just don't know if she's ready though.... My son was in a toddler bed by the time he was 1, but Mara really likes her crib. Any suggestions on what I should do?
  • amitrat amitrat's Avatar 09-15-08 | 12:37 PM
  • You really are the only one that knows what is best for her - Ashley was in a crib until she was 3 (we said we would move her when another was on the way and that didn't happen as soon as we had hoped). Do you think she can handle a bed? The cheaper option is to do a twin with a rail on it, but she is still so little. Does anyone have a crib you could borrow? Have you checked out Craigslist in your area?
  • nisey79 nisey79's Avatar 09-15-08 | 01:15 PM
  • We're moving T to a regular bed when C is ready to sleep on her own.
  • DeeElizabeth DeeElizabeth's Avatar 09-15-08 | 01:48 PM
  • I have checked out Craigslist, but nothing in my area has been available. I already have a second crib/toddler mattress, so I have even thought about putting that just on the floor for her.
  • jillrn jillrn's Avatar 09-15-08 | 11:58 PM
  • Thats a good idea so she doesnt fall out. You can build her a little "nest" =) Do you plan on putting the baby in the crib right away or a bassinet at first?? You may be able to wait a few months more, if you do the bassinet thing. Jill

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work