Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > October- December Due Date Club What a scary Sunday and surprising Monday ( a little long)

What a scary Sunday and surprising Monday ( a little long)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-11-08, 02:10 PM
is mommy to 3 divas and a little man
Toddler and Twin Mommy

Thanked 69 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 86%
Default What a scary Sunday and surprising Monday ( a little long)

Talk about a crazy past couple of days. Weekend started off good. We took T to the circus and that was a lot of fun and she fell asleep towards the end. Then we got home and DH started coming down with the cold-flu that has been going around. Sunday comes around and we do our usual thing of church and relaxing. Sunday evening rolls around and I notice when I go to the washroom there's a bit of spotting. I thought "Uh oh.....not good". I give myself 10 minutes and go back to the washroom again and discover there is a lot more blood and I started yelling " No! No! No!" DH comes in and says what's the matter. I said "I see blood that is not good we need to go over to the hospital right now" and continued to freak out. DH said calm down and we'll go. So we drop everything put T in her car seat and away we go. So we go to emergency and I get admitted still worrying and praying that nothing is wrong with the baby.
Finally the doctor comes in and says we'll do an internal to check your cervix and schedule an ultrasound for tomorrow.
So he does the internal and finds that my cervix is still closed and said that the bleeding is just the placenta establishing itself and that it was old blood, but we'll do an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure everything is o.k.
So we go home and my mom spent the night at our house just in case we had to go back in the middle of the night.
So FINALLY it comes time to go back to the hospital for the ultrasound and the tech is doing her thing and not saying for much. This is just absolutely killing me. So I asked is everything o.k. She said yup everything is o.k. I see a heartbeat everything looks good. So she calls DH into the room so that he can see too( at this point I hadn't seen anything). So she is scan around and she said "Here is the baby and here is the heartbeat". We're like Wow. Then she says " Here is the other baby" I said " What baby? She said its Twins. DH said OMG. And I went

Unbelievable. For weeks DH has been talking about maybe its twins and I told him don't be ridiculous. Well color me wrong! So after three years of trying and heart wrenching treatments, God blessed us with not one baby but two. Plus our little Sunshine T. Wow. When it rains, it pours. All I know is if these twins are girls, DH is in trouble. I don't know how he going to live with three daughters, a wife and all that estrogen.

Old 03-11-08, 02:27 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 81%

Well my gosh that is one big update! I'm so happy that you're scare is over and turned into such a nice surprise.

Congrats!

Old 03-11-08, 02:32 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1%

wow Taryne!
Congratulations!

you and DH are going to be in all sorts of trouble!

I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes without any other hiccups!

Old 03-11-08, 02:41 PM
Tyler's mommy :>)

Thanked 33 Times
Weekly Activity 1%

How wonderful!!!!!!! Stay healthy and hope there are no further scares.

Old 03-11-08, 03:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 1%

OH MY OH MY OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW wonderful!!!! HUGS HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK now put your feet up and eat eat eat! Feed those babies all kinds of high protein foods!!!!!!!!!!1
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools