Baby Corner

Old 02-17-10, 12:11 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 9.23%
Thumbs down Yuck!

I have never felt so horrible when pregnant! Never had morning sickness... the worst I've had was indigestion and a little bit of nausea as far as I can remember! But geez! I feel like I got hit by a truck today! My back is killing me (that's not from being pregnant, it's from dd's sleeping issues... but that's another post in and of itself), I feel SOOOO sick that I don't want to eat, but I know I feel sick bc I need to eat something, but then after I eat I'll just feel sick again... it's abig cycle of feeling sick! I haven't puked yet, but man I've felt like I had to a few times. The thought of anything sweet just makes me ill and i've NEVER had that before either. The thought of bland stuff (like toast) just about makes me ill. And the thought of anything with flavor just makes my skin crawl! What in the world can I eat that I won't have to force my self to eat?!?

And to top it all off I'm pretty sure I'm getting a cold and my sinuses are kinda bugging me... yuck!

I shouldn't complain, esp since I had a m/c in November. At least all these feelings I'm having mean my baby is still doing well. It's just that I've never experienced anything like this before and I have 3 kids! My first app should be interesting I guess.

Old 02-17-10, 12:28 PM
is enjoying the warm weather
VIP Member

Thanked 624 Times
Weekly Activity 32.31%

My last pregnancy (4th) was the worst! Hope you're feeling better ASAP!

Thank you Sheri!
koala_kaper (02-17-10)

Old 02-17-10, 02:06 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 40%

I was sick like this with Presley. Chips helped me! I had this until about 18 weeks. I hope it ends for you sooner than that!
Thank you Keepers!
koala_kaper (02-17-10)

Old 02-17-10, 03:20 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.54%

I'm sorry! My worst pg was my 3rd for morning sickness in a way. I also had crippling exhaustion that was so bad I couldn't function! My 2nd I had m/s from the day I took the test until the day I delivered her, but it wasn't horrible. I could function! This pg hasn't been bad. Just feeling a bit under the weather and nauseated if my stomach gets empty.

The thing that I found helps the best is lemon juice! I'd cut up a lemon and lick the slice. The reaction you get when tasting a sour lemon is not compatible with feeling sick to your stomach!

I've always had the sugar aversion where the smell would send me over the edge. Great diet plan!

Try combining proteins with carbs or just going for straight protein and see if that helps. I can't eat just carbs without getting ill. Eggs have always worked to help me feel better quickly if the smell doesn't bother you.

Good luck and I hope it passes quickly for you! My last 2 pg its gone away by about 9ish weeks. A lot of women have it go by 12 weeks. Only a few of us lucky ones have it continue on past the first trimester!

Laura

Thank you LAB!
koala_kaper (02-17-10)

Old 02-18-10, 01:58 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 9.23%

I'll have to try the eggs and see if they help. Any particular way to have them cooked? Or does it matter?

Last night we had some things to do and we also had church last night so went went out to the Steak buffet (we can eat there for cheaper than we can eat at Mc Donald's!) and I couldnt make myself eat a steak, so I had chicken instead and a bunch of potato-type foods (mashed potatoes and hash browns) I felt fine for a littl ebit, but by the time we got back home I felt icky again.

I did find that one sweet thing I can eat without feeling totally sick (besides ice cream) are the chocolate filled Oreos! I can't eat too many, but they are good and I'm happy bc I LOVE chocolate

Oh, and this might sound dumb, but hot dogs don't make me feel sick either! So i guess it's a hot dog, ice ceram and chocolate filled Oreo diet for me

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools