Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Appointment

Reply Post New Topic

• ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 12-21-04 | 03:27 PM
  • Thanks, everyone, for thinking of me! I was supposed to have three appointments today, one for Lab to check hcg, one with the doc to do a physical, and one with ultrasound. They called me yesterday at work and said they screwed up and needed to change everything to the 30th. I was devastated and I begged and pleaded, and they were great and said that we could go ahead and do the ultrasound today and reschedule the other two. Well, everything was wonderful! We got to see the baby, which doesn't look like much, but we're still proud as heck of it. She gave us two pics to take home, and we showed EVERYONE!

We blew it up to a 5x7, and the plan is to wait until all the presents are opened at DH's parents' and then "find" another present for them from Santa - inside will be the framed ultrasound! I'm so excited. We didn't get to see the heartbeat, she saw it but couldn't 'catch' it to let us hear it. It was a bummer, but we really just wanted to see the baby and know it was okay. I'm exactly on schedule, my EDD from the doctor is August 19 and that's exactly what the ultrasound said, too. So... Now we just wait!

Thanks for all your support! I'm so glad to be able to talk to people who are in the same situation and who understand what we're going through!

Chandra
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 12-21-04 | 04:56 PM

•  
    I am so glad you got to see your little bean! Knowing there is a heartbeat can be very reassuring. Sorry your other appts got postponed. I am so happy for you!

• glinda glinda's Avatar 12-21-04 | 05:43 PM
  • I'm very happy for you. Alot of drs don't do u/s this early because sometimes the heartbeat hasn't shown up yet. You're very lucky. It sounds good to me.

Gotta love those pics

• froglegs froglegs's Avatar 12-22-04 | 06:08 AM
  • Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work