Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Bed rest?

Reply Post New Topic

• lkeim lkeim's Avatar 10-09-05 | 02:11 PM
  • Anyone here on bedrest? Leslie
  • babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 10-09-05 | 03:23 PM
  • hi Leslie!
    I'm on modified bedrest. I am allowed to be slightly active for short periods of time. I am disabled and use a wheelchair part of the time. the wheelchair reclines, so I am able to go from room to room easily.
  • lkeim lkeim's Avatar 10-10-05 | 11:43 AM
  • Did you have to do bedrest with your first? I've got a cerclage but started funneling. I'm in the hospital just doing the count down. It's pretty scary but I guess I'm in the best place I can be. I'm in the prenatal unit where everyone is pretty much in the same boat. Long haul!! Leslie
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-10-05 | 12:08 PM
  • I was on bed rest at home with both pregnancies. It's the pits, but in the end, if it means that you get a healthy baby, that's what matters, right?

Hang in there!!
  • Emery Emery's Avatar 10-10-05 | 12:26 PM

•  
    I'm sorry you are in the hospital on bedrest. I can imagine it is very hard.

I spent 6 months on bedrest, but was able to stay home for it. I did go into labor a few times and spent a few nights in the hospital with each time, but I had a monitor at home to check for contractions that I did twice a day. They attempted a cerclage at 12 weeks, but were unable to put it in due to an abnormality that I have.

Good Luck and let us know how you are doing.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work