Baby Corner

Old 11-18-04, 03:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.11%
Question C-section question

I am scheduled for a c-section on Dec 3rd. I really wanted to try a V-Bac, but they won't do them at the hospital in my town.

I don't like the idea of having to drive very far, as anywhere else I could go is 1 hour away at least. I am scared to go through labor again and then not have success, ending in a c-section anyway.

Anyone have any success stories for V-Bacs?? I have heard a few but the more the better, or any advice.

TIA!!

Old 11-18-04, 03:43 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 90%

I don't have any VBAC experience. All 3 of my kids will be c-section.

I will say that from hearing others and my experience it's totally different when you know you're having a c-section and it's 100% planned verses going through labor then having a section so you may find that if you do the section it will not be bad.

Old 11-18-04, 05:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I have been told that this time around should be alot easier, since I will not labor for 2 days before having the section. I know exactly what to expect and recovering should be easier.. I hope so.

Old 11-18-04, 08:15 PM
Wondermom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I had my 2nd c-section in July. It was a lot easier than the 1st. It was planned and to me the recovery was easier. I don't know if its just because I knew what to expect or if it was because I knew my limits as to what I could do and couldn't do to keep from hurting. Savannah is also right about going through with trying to do a V-BAC and ending up having to do an emergency c-section anyways. It is so rushed and it ended up scareing me more. Because they couldn't take the time to explain what was going on. I hope everything turns out alright.

Old 11-20-04, 12:51 AM
is proud of her kids.
.....is rewarded!

Thanked 906 Times
Weekly Activity 12.22%

My sil has had 2 very successful vbac's. In fact they induced her one of the births. Her first C-sect was emergency and she was a mess afterwards. She loved her vbacs and wouldn't want it any other way. She had no pain meds in either delivery and they were relatively quick and with a quick recovery.

That being said, my planned c-section was great, and I am very happy to be having another planned c-section. I am not one for natural childbirth or my personal statistics of having to end up with one any way.

It really should be a choice between you and your docter. Ideally a trial labor would be great as then you and your doc could decide to go section. It is a pity your hospital can't accomadate. I guess with OB malpractice rates what they are it isn't surprising though.

Have a healthy happy delivery no matter which way the munchkin arrives.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools