Baby Corner

Old 11-22-04, 10:27 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks ladies!! I still haven't decided what to do.

I have an appointment Wednesday, and I will see if I have progressed any and then make a decision from there.

Old 11-30-04, 01:53 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Janessa-
I had Andrew VBAC -- I didn't have much of a choice in the matter because they refused to give me the epidural or knock me out in order to do a repeat c-section until I had had antibiotics for 8 hours prior (because of the pneumonia I walked in with).

It was successful.

I never had labor with Sarah, she was breech and I never even went into labor, they just took her. So, labor with Andrew was a totally new experience for me. And, I did it pretty naturally too. Ok, so I was begging for the medication, but they only gave me the stadol and the morphine stuff. (again because of the pneumonia)

I'm glad I did it VBAC, it was a great experience all things considered. I'm sure you're up on the statistics, though -- about the benefits of what a vaginal birth provides over a cesarian. The statistics even show that an attempted vaginal that ends up in a c-section is better for the baby than to never have endured the labor at all. That to me, is enough to make an extra effort to attempt the VBAC.

The hospital I went to was 40 minutes away and that WAS in my town

it's full of traffic and it was rush hour when 'it was time'. I still had TONS of time to make it to the hospital. (actually, I signed in at around 8am and had Andrew at 2pm.)

Old 12-02-04, 09:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Looks like I am doing it c-section since it is scheduled for tomorrow morning!

I hope I don't have any regrets.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools