Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth Calling All IVF Grads............

Calling All IVF Grads............

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-25-06, 03:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Calling All IVF Grads............

Come on in and let us know you're here.

Old 01-25-06, 06:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so reluctant to leave the IVF board....I've gotten such great support there, but I do know what it is like to read about everyone's pregnancy and their questions when you've just gotten a BFN or are waiting to cycle. While I was thrilled for all the to-be-mom's I felt a little left out. So, with that said, I know this is a more appropriate place to post p-questions, concerns and progress. Thanks Glinda for pointing that out

Old 01-25-06, 07:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You're not leaving the IVF board. We, IVFers, are just going to post in 2 places. Personally speaking, I don't need support for going through an IVF cycle or a pg but I do like being around a group of friends that would lend me their ears when I want to cry about something, no matter how off topic it may be. We have a nice group and I don't think anyone wants it to break apart. Therefore, we're going to hog 2 boards, one for supporting our fellow sister cyclers and one for everything else. Come on, you know we need a place for Leslie to talk about fashion

. There are some days when I'm ready to pull my hair out at work so I just go to the IVF board and read what you guys have written. It always puts a smile on my face.

I feel much closer to you ladies than I do with the parenting board (could be because I'm clueless in that dept

). There is something about struggling with infertility that makes you closer. When our friends are cycling, we'll post on the IVF board. I remember when I was doing IUIs. I was super sensitive to everything. Some days it bothered me when people posted pics of their kids in their signatures. It was like a betrayal. Just because I made it to "the other side", I haven't forgotten where I came from. KWIM? I just don't want anyone to shy away from the IVF board because they uncomfortable.

Old 01-25-06, 07:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well said! Also, here I can post all of my excitement about being pregnant without feeling bad...LIKE...we chose names already!! I can't believe we were able to agree so quickly...I figured the baby would be crowning and we'd be debating between 3-10 names! We chose Jace Kathleen for a girl and Jake Matthew for a boy.

Also, I should be able to stop my shots soon. I got my most recent Progesterone/estrogen numbers today. I'm supposed to hear back tomorrow. I am soooo sick of these shots.

Old 01-25-06, 08:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi guys....I'm reporting for duty

I have to admit that sometimes I feel guilty posting things about being pg. on the IVF board, so this was a good idea. Besides, I agree that Leslie will need a place for fashion (especially now that she is having a baby girl to dress up). Glinda....how did you know when you were having contractions? Did you have much cramping in your last month? I worry so much that I will go into labor and not realize it until it's too late and they won't be able to stop it. It's great that you hung in there for 38 weeks. My 38 week c-section is March 10. The doc. has said that he doesn't think I'll make it that long, but look at Leslie!
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools