Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Pregnancy Message Boards > Pregnancy, Labor & Childbirth Calling All IVF Grads............

Calling All IVF Grads............

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-26-06, 05:06 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Just checking in quickly

I too well remember how sensitive I would feel somedays pre-Katie. I'll never forget the pain or road I travelled to become a mum. Easier though it was for me than some of you incredibly brave ladies.
Bonnie your names are lovely

and I'm so glad you'll be able to stop those horrid shots soon!
Missy, if your contractions are like I remember mine being, you won't not realise it's happening. It took way long enough for mine to get really uncomfy for me to get to the hospital and pain-meds though. Don't worry - it's going to be just fine, and you won't care a jot afterwards anyway 'cos you'll be too busy gazing at your little ones in awe

On the fashion front, be wary of dungaree type fastenings is my current tip... Katie has one adorable set of cream dungarees that are ok, but the other two have had to really Fit her before they stop riding up and all over the place everytime you pick her up. I've undressed her again in frustration more than once. Her nursery furniture should finally arrive in the next fortnight, at which point I'll unpack her next "set" of clothing (Size 0-3 months at last!

She's still a dainty little girl) and am going to have to start braving the whole "how on earth do I get a pair of tights onto a wriggling, giggling baby?!?" I'm hoping it'll turn out to be easier than I find it to get tights onto me... (you know how they always manage to get a mega twist in them that only becomes apparent when you're halfway through the second leg... I'm not much better at stockings, I'm a trouser girl! )
Ok I guess that wasn't so quick.. Katie's stayed asleep slightly longer than I thought she would

Old 01-26-06, 10:01 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey Ladies-
I agree w/ all of you. I felt the same way posting and really thought about not posting at all but could not help myself sometimes. We have all been thru alot and have come a long way and have made some great friendships even though we have never met.
Bonnie love the names, it is never too early to start looking at names. Missy hang in there girl, I think you will know labor pains when they come, I have had some Braxton Hicks and I thought they were very painful, so I would guess you will know. Plus sounds like the Drs. will be monitoring you closly, very happy for you. Celia, you are cute...I will have to stay away from the Dungarees. I hear what you are saying about the tights too. Well I guess I will be talking to you ladies later.
Take care.
Allison

Old 01-26-06, 10:31 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

hry girls, I have not checked in for a while, but see everyone moved over here. I agree with everyone thats its a good idea, I always felt a bit weird and sorry about talking about my happiness when I know people were suffering.
Missy, good news about Isabelle, hopefully you can go a few more weeks. Have you prepared yourself to be a mom yet? You will be wonderful!
Leslie, I can not believe you have held on this far. You are a trooper for sure! Good luck Friday, I will be looking for your announcement of your baby!
As for me, I am ok. I have a check up tomorrow, and am scared of weighing in. I have been fortunate to lose weight till now, but have a ffeling I gained a lot this month. VERY ROUND, how I feel anyways! I think I may be going threw a bit of a depression. Maybe seasonal or something. I find it hard to get out of bed everyday for work, and when I get home I just want to read or watch tv. I have become true bum. My loving dh has been doing everything other than cooking, which I still do. And I am so mean to him, so hormonal the last few weeks, over nothing. Hopefully it gets better before he leaves me!
Well it seems we may have an exciting few weeks to look forward to with Missy and Leslie meeting their little ones! Hope everyone else is good, and will chat soon
Diane

Old 01-26-06, 11:29 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Diane....don't worry so much about the weight gain. I always felt like I must have gained a ton because I felt so big, but it was never as bad as I thought. Besides, you lost weight in the beginning so you have some catching up to do

Also, don't worry about you dh. He will understand that you are a hormonal mess. I was lucky because it wasn't until the past month or so that my hormones really kicked in. Now I cry over EVERYTHING! I just tell my dh that it won't last forever and that he needs to be understanding right now

Bonnie...I love the names you picked out and it is never too early to be prepared

Celia...I can totally relate to the tights thing. I won't wear them myself so how can I expect my little girl to have to go through that torture. Alot of people have warned me about overalls. However, I just think they are sooooooo cute on little babies and kids. I already have several pairs

I am totally a pants and overall kind of girl (no girly girl here). How big is little Katie now?

Old 01-26-06, 11:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Diane-Hey, so good to hear from you again. Don't worry about the weight like Missy says it really is not as bad as you think and you lost alot before, so I am sure you are fine. I gained 8 at my last monthly weigh in for a total of 16 but I have had ALOT of ankle/leg swelling, normal according to the Drs. as my urine and bp are still good, but it hurts and I am sure part of that 8 lbs has something to do w/ the fluid! But it is worth it, I just call them my cankles or my fat bastard feet or Fred Flinstone feet I mean whatcha gonna do, I drink TONS of water. But your dh will understand. I have been a bit of a slug too and I hate being at work sometimes, I think it is normal we all go thru it. I basically do the same when I come home the clothes come off, the feet go up and I watch tv. I am sure the 3rd trimester won't be any easier. Just hang in there girlie you and your angel girl will make it thru this...he will understand. Oh and I cry over everything as well, a song...whatever I cry. Missy I am w/ ya, no girly girl here either. But there are cute baby girl clothes! I can't wait to see her. Well, you and Leslie will be Mommies soon enough can't wait to hear, keep us posted as I am sure you will. Talk to you soon.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools