Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Confused

Reply Post New Topic

• PaeTrensMom 06-06-05 | 05:14 AM
  • My last cycle started April 27th. I got a positive home test on the 28th of May. On May 3rd I started spotting and went in to see the doctor. They told me that I had a very faint positive on my urine test and that my cervix looked closed. They did an early us and said that they couldn't see anything but, that wasn't a very big deal because the baby would be so small. They did go ahead and do a Beta and then put me on bed rest and told me to come back in two days for another us. The next day they called and canceled my appt stating that my beta level was only two and I was miscarrying. I have been told that my pregnancy was not viable SEVERAL times on other pregnancies all of which I carried and delivered healthy, if premature children!!! I have two girls and a son that was born at 28 weeks but, died due to an infection called nec four weeks after his birth. I spotted lightly for about three days and have stopped...no pain, but, my temp is slightly elevated. I still "feel" pregnant. Indigestions, tender breasts, mood swings and today I took another test. It is positive and darker than the ones I took earlier. This can NOT be a new pregnancy. I conceived when my husband left on a month long trip and have, of course, been celebate since then. The only solution I can think of is that I tend to have a 30 day or longer cycle. The last time I was "active" was on the 15th of April. Could I have ovulated late and that be why my levels were so low? Or...If I really had miscarried that early would I still be having darker and darker urine tests? Oh...I have a thyroid issue. PLEASE HELP!!! After the death of my son, I want this pregnancy so badly and do not want to take any chances if the docs are wrong!!! I am prone to difficult pregnancies!
  • glinda glinda's Avatar 06-06-05 | 09:06 AM
  • Hello and Welcome. I am so sorry for the loss of your son. My advice to you is to go back for another beta. You know your body best. Explain to the dr/nurse that you have been in a similar situation before. Also let them know that the hpt has gotten darker since your last beta.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 06-06-05 | 07:37 PM

•  
    I totally agree with Glinda, you obviously need to know for sure one way or the other. Good Luck and please let us know what happens.

• ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 06-06-05 | 08:29 PM
  • Definitely go back in. If you had miscarried, your tests would be getting lighter, not darker. Make sure they do a quantitative and not a qualitative. Like Glinda said, you know your body best. Good luck to you!!
  • babyMarksMom babyMarksMom's Avatar 06-17-05 | 02:18 AM

•  
    please update and let us know how you're doing.

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work