Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Cord blood

Reply Post New Topic

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 02-10-05 | 06:03 PM
  • Do you plan to store your baby's cord blood? What facility are you going with?
  • belle81 belle81's Avatar 02-12-05 | 12:50 AM
  • We donated ours. Our hosital is one of the few where you can donate. We hadn't planned on it because we wanted to have the cord stop pulsing before it was cut. The lady from the Red Cross said that was fine. She was really irritating though because she was trying to talk to me during contractions. My dh was trying to get her to shut up without sucess. I think they must have really wanted our blood because she was willing to set things up so late. They probably heard there was a mom with O- blood and they wanted it. They're always wanting me to give blood for that reason.
  • icepoet icepoet's Avatar 02-12-05 | 03:40 AM
  • We're still trying to make a decision on this.... the packet of info from ViaCord is on the way. But I honestly think that we'll end up donating it. I'm also O Negative....and they are always trying to get me to donate blood but the problem with that is that I have iron-deficiency anemia....so it's a no go.
  • GTSJMS GTSJMS's Avatar 02-19-05 | 09:16 AM
  • For our first son we have the cord blood stored with Cryocell. Not sure yet what we want to do with this pregnancy. Still debating the decision.

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!