Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Do you feel different?

Reply Post New Topic

• Celia_M 05-10-05 | 01:28 PM
  • Congratulations again on your little one!

It's funny hearing you saying about it sinking in etc. Close family that knew we'd had Ivf and had a positive first beta found it hard to understand why we wanted to wait until at least until after the second 8wk scan & weren't rushing to tell the world then and there. I know my mum & mil found our caution to tell others early on who hadn't known frustrating and hard to understand.
    Mum brought me up with the maxim that "Everything happens for a reason - you just may not be able to understand that reason until later."
    I know IF has brought dh and I much closer together than I'd have thought possible, despite having always had a strong relationship we definitely value & understand each other better. It's reaffirmed what a wonderful family network we have. Seen us move finally to the area that one of our families lives - something we'd always said we'd do "one day". Our child will now benefit from that lack of distance, from having a grandma & grandpa within 10mins, cousins within an hours drive.. and this is just for starters - I'm sure in time I'll understand more about why we had to come this journey too.
    I really hope I never unlearn the lesson of "things best not said to fill a conversation". I've sworn never to ask such questions again myself and I really hope I stick to that! It's changed my outlook and way of responding to others I'm sure for the better.
    I never thought I'd put myself through IVF, or cope with it anything like as well as I feel I did. I've learnt a lot about myself during this journey, I know it's made me more resilient and patient, I hope that it's made me a better and more understanding person.

P.s The parenting after infertility book I ordered finally came through - they must have had to get me a copy from their USA branch. (

) couldn't put it down. My ACeBabes (

) membership also came through and I'm really looking forward to getting involved in their events!

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work